Old 03-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Default kernel26 2.6.28.7-2

Hi guys, new kernel adresses the following things:
- changes for better customizing the default kernel included
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12384
--> firmware needed to be split off the package.
It is now called kernel26-firmware
- config features added:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13128
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12584

bug fixes:
- http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12826

please signoff for both arches.
I haven't had issues with nvidia driver here, but please report issues if
binary modules break, thanks.

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 03-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Thomas Bächler

Tobias Powalowski schrieb:

Hi guys, new kernel adresses the following things:
- changes for better customizing the default kernel included
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12384
--> firmware needed to be split off the package.
It is now called kernel26-firmware
- config features added:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13128
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12584

bug fixes:
- http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12826

Signoff x86_64 (no external modules used).

Old 03-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Dan McGee

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Tobias Powalowski schrieb:
>>
>> Hi guys, new kernel adresses the following things:
>> - changes for better customizing the default kernel included
>> *http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12384
>> *--> firmware needed to be split off the package.
>> * * * *It is now called kernel26-firmware
>> - config features added:
>> *http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13128
>> *http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12584
>>
>> bug fixes:
>> - http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12826
>
> Signoff x86_64 (no external modules used).

Working here on x86_64.

-Dan

Old 03-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Tobias Powalowski schrieb:
>>>
>>> Hi guys, new kernel adresses the following things:
>>> - changes for better customizing the default kernel included
>>> *http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12384
>>> *--> firmware needed to be split off the package.
>>> * * * *It is now called kernel26-firmware
>>> - config features added:
>>> *http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13128
>>> *http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12584
>>>
>>> bug fixes:
>>> - http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12826
>>
>> Signoff x86_64 (no external modules used).
>
> Working here on x86_64.
>
> -Dan

Signoff both arches

Eric

Old 03-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi

Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Hi guys, new kernel adresses the following things:
> - changes for better customizing the default kernel included
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12384
> --> firmware needed to be split off the package.
> It is now called kernel26-firmware
> - config features added:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13128
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12584
>
> bug fixes:
> - http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12826
>
> please signoff for both arches.
> I haven't had issues with nvidia driver here, but please report issues if
> binary modules break, thanks.
>
> greetings
> tpowa

Hi,

Since udev >= 136 the options about SYSFS_DEPRECATED aren't supported
anymore.

Please see the udev:
* ChangeLog.
require non-SYSFS_DEPRECATED 2.6.20+ kernel

* README
Requirements:
- Version 2.6.22 of the Linux kernel for reliable operation of this
release of
udev. The kernel must not use the CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED* option.

* NEWS:
To support some advanced features, Linux 2.6.22 is the oldest supported
version now. The kernel config with enabled SYSFS_DEPRECATED is no longer
supported.

Take Care,

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar

Old 03-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Dan McGee

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Tobias Powalowski schrieb:
>>
>> Hi guys, new kernel adresses the following things:
>> - changes for better customizing the default kernel included
>> *http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12384
>> *--> firmware needed to be split off the package.
>> * * * *It is now called kernel26-firmware
>> - config features added:
>> *http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13128
>> *http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12584
>>
>> bug fixes:
>> - http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12826
>
> Signoff x86_64 (no external modules used).

I'm not sure what package this is related to, but has this always been
failing for me and I just haven't noticed? It is doing this on both of
my machines.

Mar 8 19:51:43 dublin kernel: platform microcode: firmware:
requesting intel-ucode/0f-02-09
Mar 8 19:51:43 dublin load-modules.sh: 'platform:microcode' is not a
valid module or alias name
Mar 8 19:51:43 dublin kernel: Microcode Update Driver: v2.00
<tigran@aivazian.fsnet.co.uk>, Peter Oruba
Mar 8 19:51:43 dublin firmware.sh[3359]: Cannot find firmware file
'intel-ucode/0f-02-09'
Mar 8 19:51:44 dublin kernel: microcode: CPU0 updated from revision
0xe to 0x2e, date = 2004-08-11
Mar 8 19:51:44 dublin kernel: Microcode Update Driver: v2.00 removed.

-Dan

Old 03-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Dan McGee

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Tobias Powalowski schrieb:
>>>
>>> Hi guys, new kernel adresses the following things:
>>> - changes for better customizing the default kernel included
>>> *http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12384
>>> *--> firmware needed to be split off the package.
>>> * * * *It is now called kernel26-firmware
>>> - config features added:
>>> *http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13128
>>> *http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12584
>>>
>>> bug fixes:
>>> - http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12826
>>
>> Signoff x86_64 (no external modules used).
>
> I'm not sure what package this is related to, but has this always been
> failing for me and I just haven't noticed? It is doing this on both of
> my machines.
>
> Mar *8 19:51:43 dublin kernel: platform microcode: firmware:
> requesting intel-ucode/0f-02-09
> Mar *8 19:51:43 dublin load-modules.sh: 'platform:microcode' is not a
> valid module or alias name
> Mar *8 19:51:43 dublin kernel: Microcode Update Driver: v2.00
> <tigran@aivazian.fsnet.co.uk>, Peter Oruba
> Mar *8 19:51:43 dublin firmware.sh[3359]: Cannot find *firmware file
> 'intel-ucode/0f-02-09'
> Mar *8 19:51:44 dublin kernel: microcode: CPU0 updated from revision
> 0xe to 0x2e, date = 2004-08-11
> Mar *8 19:51:44 dublin kernel: Microcode Update Driver: v2.00 removed.

Looks like it really isn't a problem, just a deceiving error message...
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11961

Old 03-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Thomas Bächler

Dan McGee schrieb:

I'm not sure what package this is related to, but has this always been
failing for me and I just haven't noticed? It is doing this on both of
my machines.

Mar 8 19:51:43 dublin kernel: platform microcode: firmware:
requesting intel-ucode/0f-02-09
Mar 8 19:51:43 dublin load-modules.sh: 'platform:microcode' is not a
valid module or alias name
Mar 8 19:51:43 dublin kernel: Microcode Update Driver: v2.00
<tigran@aivazian.fsnet.co.uk>, Peter Oruba
Mar 8 19:51:43 dublin firmware.sh[3359]: Cannot find firmware file
'intel-ucode/0f-02-09'
Mar 8 19:51:44 dublin kernel: microcode: CPU0 updated from revision
0xe to 0x2e, date = 2004-08-11
Mar 8 19:51:44 dublin kernel: Microcode Update Driver: v2.00 removed.

Looks like it really isn't a problem, just a deceiving error message...
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11961

Yeah, and annoying, I wish that splitting tool would exist, this message
also annoys me.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Nicolas Bigaouette

Thank Tobias!

I installed testing/kernel26 and testing/kernel26-firmware and running
without issue. I recompiled it, and still running fine. I also tested the
custom package compilation by appending -custom to the pkgname: it is
running fine too without problem.

Thanx for the inclusion!

big_gie