Old 03-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Default syslog-ng-3.0.1-3

Am Sonntag 08 März 2009 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> Am Samstag 07 März 2009 schrieb Eric Bélanger:

> > > hrm i don't use sudo, without sudo it works fine here.
> >
> > I get same thing when running as root. Do you have a var symlink in
> > /usr? If so, that's why it works for you.
> > I don't know what could be the problem as we already use
> > --localstatedir=/var/lib/syslog-ng. Maybe there's a configure option
> > for the location of the pid file.
>
> it seems i have such an old system that it still has this old symlink
> ok i'll fix it tomorrow
fixed in -3 package please signoff.

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 03-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Sonntag 08 März 2009 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:

>> > I get same thing when running as root. Do you have a var symlink in
>> > /usr? If so, that's why it works for you.
>> > I don't know what could be the problem as we already use
>> > --localstatedir=/var/lib/syslog-ng. *Maybe there's a configure *option
>> > for the location of the pid file.
>>
>> it seems i have such an old system that it still has this old symlink
>> ok i'll fix it tomorrow
> fixed in -3 package please signoff.

The error is still there. The localstatedir option is now define
twice: there is the old one " --localstatedir=/var/lib/syslog-ng" that
you didn't removed and the one you just added: "--localstatedir=/var".
The old localstatedir wasn't refering to /usr/var so it has no
effect on the location of the pid file. You'll need to revert your
change and try something else.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Sonntag 08 März 2009 schrieb Eric Bélanger:
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:

> >> it seems i have such an old system that it still has this old symlink
> >> ok i'll fix it tomorrow
> >
> > fixed in -3 package please signoff.
>
> The error is still there. The localstatedir option is now define
> twice: there is the old one " --localstatedir=/var/lib/syslog-ng" that
> you didn't removed and the one you just added: "--localstatedir=/var".
> The old localstatedir wasn't refering to /usr/var so it has no
> effect on the location of the pid file. You'll need to revert your
> change and try something else.
doh, you are right ...

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 03-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Sonntag 08 März 2009 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> Am Sonntag 08 März 2009 schrieb Eric Bélanger:

> > > fixed in -3 package please signoff.
> >
> > The error is still there. The localstatedir option is now define
> > twice: there is the old one " --localstatedir=/var/lib/syslog-ng" that
> > you didn't removed and the one you just added: "--localstatedir=/var".
> > The old localstatedir wasn't refering to /usr/var so it has no
> > effect on the location of the pid file. You'll need to revert your
> > change and try something else.
>
> doh, you are right ...
fixed finally in -4 package, please signoff

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org