FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Andreas Radke
 
Default coreutils 7.1-2

Added 2 important fixes for upstream bugs with cp -r and sort taken
from Fedora. No knows issues left. Please signoff now both arches.

-Andy
 
Old 03-10-2009, 05:08 AM
Tobias Powalowski
 
Default coreutils 7.1-2

Am Sonntag 08 März 2009 schrieb Andreas Radke:
> Added 2 important fixes for upstream bugs with cp -r and sort taken
> from Fedora. No knows issues left. Please signoff now both arches.
>
> -Andy
signoff both arches

--
Tobias Powalowski
Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
http://www.archlinux.org
tpowa@archlinux.org
 
Old 03-10-2009, 05:19 AM
Andreas Radke
 
Default coreutils 7.1-2

Somebody else? Any known issues?

-Andy
 
Old 03-10-2009, 05:36 AM
Allan McRae
 
Default coreutils 7.1-2

Andreas Radke wrote:

Somebody else? Any known issues?



Signoff i686.

Allan
 
Old 03-10-2009, 05:46 AM
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
 
Default coreutils 7.1-2

Andreas Radke wrote:
> Somebody else? Any known issues?
>
> -Andy
>
>
Yes, in ls -v "sort by version" problem with hidden files

For example:

(with coreutils-7.1)
$ touch .0 .9 .a .z .A .Z 0 9 a z A Z
$ /bin/ls -va
. .A .Z .a .z 0 9 A Z a z .0 .9 ..

(with coreutils-6.12)
$ touch .0 .9 .a .z .A .Z 0 9 a z A Z
$ /bin/ls -va
. .. .0 .9 .A .Z .a .z 0 9 A Z a z

You can see here the original bug report here
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/browse_thread/thread/c08e348de5c9fd02
And a patch here http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.gnulib.bugs/16902

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar
KeyID: 0x1B8C330D
Key fingerprint = 0CAA D5D4 CD85 4434 A219 76ED 39AB 221B 1B8C 330D
 
Old 03-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Andreas Radke
 
Default coreutils 7.1-2

Am Tue, 10 Mar 2009 04:46:03 -0200
schrieb Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386@yahoo.com.ar>:

> Andreas Radke wrote:
> > Somebody else? Any known issues?
> >
> > -Andy
> >
> >
> Yes, in ls -v "sort by version" problem with hidden files
>
> For example:
>
> (with coreutils-7.1)
> $ touch .0 .9 .a .z .A .Z 0 9 a z A Z
> $ /bin/ls -va
> . .A .Z .a .z 0 9 A Z a z .0 .9 ..
>
> (with coreutils-6.12)
> $ touch .0 .9 .a .z .A .Z 0 9 a z A Z
> $ /bin/ls -va
> . .. .0 .9 .A .Z .a .z 0 9 A Z a z
>
> You can see here the original bug report here
> http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/browse_thread/thread/c08e348de5c9fd02
> And a patch here
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.gnulib.bugs/16902
>

Please file a bug. The mailing list is a bad place I could have easily
missed.

-Andy
 
Old 03-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
 
Default coreutils 7.1-2

Andreas Radke wrote:
> Am Tue, 10 Mar 2009 04:46:03 -0200
> schrieb Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386@yahoo.com.ar>:
>
>
>> Andreas Radke wrote:
>>
>>> Somebody else? Any known issues?
>>>
>>> -Andy
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> Yes, in ls -v "sort by version" problem with hidden files
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> (with coreutils-7.1)
>> $ touch .0 .9 .a .z .A .Z 0 9 a z A Z
>> $ /bin/ls -va
>> . .A .Z .a .z 0 9 A Z a z .0 .9 ..
>>
>> (with coreutils-6.12)
>> $ touch .0 .9 .a .z .A .Z 0 9 a z A Z
>> $ /bin/ls -va
>> . .. .0 .9 .A .Z .a .z 0 9 A Z a z
>>
>> You can see here the original bug report here
>> http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/browse_thread/thread/c08e348de5c9fd02
>> And a patch here
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.gnulib.bugs/16902
>>
>>
>
> Please file a bug. The mailing list is a bad place I could have easily
> missed.
>
> -Andy
>
>
Ok Andreas, i was not filled a BR because is a upstream bug, btw i now
fill a BR


--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar
KeyID: 0x1B8C330D
Key fingerprint = 0CAA D5D4 CD85 4434 A219 76ED 39AB 221B 1B8C 330D
 
Old 03-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Thomas Bächler
 
Default coreutils 7.1-2

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi schrieb:

Please file a bug. The mailing list is a bad place I could have easily
missed.

-Andy



Ok Andreas, i was not filled a BR because is a upstream bug, btw i now
fill a BR


You can report upstream problems on the Archlinux Bugtracker if we
actually have a chance of fixing them (for example, a reasonable patch
exists).
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:09 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org