Old 03-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default udev/klibc-udev 139-1

Another upstream update. This has mostly been done by tpowa, I only
fixed and refined the /lib/udev/devices/ handling.

The major change is that the device nodes /dev/loop*, /dev/net/tun,
/dev/ppp and /dev/fuse now always exist, even if the modules are not
loaded. That will bring back some nice autoloading behaviour that was
there with static /dev filesystems and was lost when udev was introduced
(it should also reduce the number of "arch does not support loop mounts"
complaints). The latest initscripts package is also needed for this to
work completely.

Package is in testing for both architectures, tested on x86_64, please
sign off.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Dan McGee

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Another upstream update. This has mostly been done by tpowa, I only fixed
> and refined the /lib/udev/devices/ handling.
>
> The major change is that the device nodes /dev/loop*, /dev/net/tun, /dev/ppp
> and /dev/fuse now always exist, even if the modules are not loaded. That
> will bring back some nice autoloading behaviour that was there with static
> /dev filesystems and was lost when udev was introduced (it should also
> reduce the number of "arch does not support loop mounts" complaints). The
> latest initscripts package is also needed for this to work completely.
>
> Package is in testing for both architectures, tested on x86_64, please sign
> off.

Looked good to me. Signoff for x86_64.

-Dan

Old 03-09-2009, 05:11 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Montag 09 März 2009 schrieb Dan McGee:
> On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > Another upstream update. This has mostly been done by tpowa, I only fixed
> > and refined the /lib/udev/devices/ handling.
> >
> > The major change is that the device nodes /dev/loop*, /dev/net/tun,
> > /dev/ppp and /dev/fuse now always exist, even if the modules are not
> > loaded. That will bring back some nice autoloading behaviour that was
> > there with static /dev filesystems and was lost when udev was introduced
> > (it should also reduce the number of "arch does not support loop mounts"
> > complaints). The latest initscripts package is also needed for this to
> > work completely.
> >
> > Package is in testing for both architectures, tested on x86_64, please
> > sign off.
>
> Looked good to me. Signoff for x86_64.
>
> -Dan
singoff x86_64

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 03-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Montag 09 März 2009 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> Am Montag 09 März 2009 schrieb Dan McGee:
> > On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>
wrote:
> > > Another upstream update. This has mostly been done by tpowa, I only
> > > fixed and refined the /lib/udev/devices/ handling.
> > >
> > > The major change is that the device nodes /dev/loop*, /dev/net/tun,
> > > /dev/ppp and /dev/fuse now always exist, even if the modules are not
> > > loaded. That will bring back some nice autoloading behaviour that was
> > > there with static /dev filesystems and was lost when udev was
> > > introduced (it should also reduce the number of "arch does not support
> > > loop mounts" complaints). The latest initscripts package is also needed
> > > for this to work completely.
> > >
> > > Package is in testing for both architectures, tested on x86_64, please
> > > sign off.
> >
> > Looked good to me. Signoff for x86_64.
> >
> > -Dan
>
> singoff x86_64