Old 03-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Andreas Radke

Default fakeroot 1.12.2-1

This is a minor update to 1.12.2 - the major change I've done is the
switch to --with-ipc=tcp communication way that should solve some
issues that have come up with recent kde builds. please test if you can
still build all your other stuff with it.

Attention: Please also take care off all packages that install files
with setuid bit set. Take a look at
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13444 !

I could not track down where the issue is and the upstream Debian
developer can't reproduce it while Tpowa and some other could. Only
x86_64 is affected and sometimes files with setuid set don't get that
permission when the pkg gets installed.

-Andy

upstream changelog:

fakeroot (1.12.2) unstable; urgency=low

* Replace and (hopefully) fix broken alpha stat version hack in
fts_read.

-- Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> Sun, 01 Mar 2009 15:17:31 -0500

Old 03-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Sonntag 08 März 2009 schrieb Andreas Radke:
> This is a minor update to 1.12.2 - the major change I've done is the
> switch to --with-ipc=tcp communication way that should solve some
> issues that have come up with recent kde builds. please test if you can
> still build all your other stuff with it.
>

> Attention: Please also take care off all packages that install files
> with setuid bit set. Take a look at
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13444 !
>
> I could not track down where the issue is and the upstream Debian
> developer can't reproduce it while Tpowa and some other could. Only
> x86_64 is affected and sometimes files with setuid set don't get that
> permission when the pkg gets installed.
>
> -Andy
>

> upstream changelog:
>
> fakeroot (1.12.2) unstable; urgency=low
>
> * Replace and (hopefully) fix broken alpha stat version hack in
> fts_read.
>
> -- Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> Sun, 01 Mar 2009 15:17:31 -0500
no signoff, i can'T build kernel and syslog-ng anymore,
somehow it creates zombie processes on my system, downgrading to core fakeroot
solved the issue.

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 03-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Dan McGee

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 4:44 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Sonntag 08 März 2009 schrieb Andreas Radke:
>> This is a minor update to 1.12.2 - the major change I've done is the
>> switch to --with-ipc=tcp communication way that should solve some
>> issues that have come up with recent kde builds. please test if you can
>> still build all your other stuff with it.
>>

>> Attention: Please also take care off all packages that install files
>> with setuid bit set. Take a look at
>> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13444 !
>>
>> I could not track down where the issue is and the upstream Debian
>> developer can't reproduce it while Tpowa and some other could. Only
>> x86_64 is affected and sometimes files with setuid set don't get that
>> permission when the pkg gets installed.
>>
>> -Andy
>>

>> upstream changelog:
>>
>> *fakeroot *(1.12.2) unstable; urgency=low
>>
>> * ** Replace and (hopefully) fix broken alpha stat version hack in
>> * * *fts_read.
>>
>> *-- Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> *Sun, 01 Mar 2009 15:17:31 -0500
> no signoff, i can'T build kernel and syslog-ng anymore,
> somehow it creates zombie processes on my system, downgrading to core fakeroot
> solved the issue.

Completely broken. I can't even make it through a build without
fakeroot hanging and having to kill -9 the makepkg process.

-Dan

Old 03-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Allan McRae

Dan McGee wrote:

[...]

Me too. I guess it is best to wait for the next pacman release to fix
this as building can then be done outside the fakeroot.

Allan

Old 03-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi

Andreas Radke wrote:
> This is a minor update to 1.12.2 - the major change I've done is the
> switch to --with-ipc=tcp communication way that should solve some
> issues that have come up with recent kde builds. please test if you can
> still build all your other stuff with it.
>

> Attention: Please also take care off all packages that install files
> with setuid bit set. Take a look at
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13444 !
>
> I could not track down where the issue is and the upstream Debian
> developer can't reproduce it while Tpowa and some other could. Only
> x86_64 is affected and sometimes files with setuid set don't get that
> permission when the pkg gets installed.
>
> -Andy
>

> upstream changelog:
>
> fakeroot (1.12.2) unstable; urgency=low
>
> * Replace and (hopefully) fix broken alpha stat version hack in
> fts_read.
>
> -- Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> Sun, 01 Mar 2009 15:17:31 -0500

Hi Andreas,

No, fakeroot-tcp is broken when use make -j2 (i reported this to
author), please see my feature request about this, and comments about
test that i made with this.

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13375

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )