Old 03-06-2009, 08:05 PM

Default Integrity Check x86_64 06-03-2009

= Integrity Check x86_64 of core,extra =

Performing integrity checks...
==> parsing pkgbuilds
==> checking mismatches
==> checking archs
==> checking dependencies
==> checking makedepends
==> checking for circular dependencies

Missing Dependencies
----------------------
archboot --> 'netkit-telnet>=0.17-8'
archboot --> 'wlan-ng26>=0.2.9-2'
archboot --> 'atl2>=2.0.5-2'

Missing Makedepends
---------------------
crda --> 'python-m2crypto'
wpa_supplicant --> 'kernel26<2.6.28'
gnome-speech --> 'espeak'

Repo Hierarchy for Makedepends
--------------------------------
core/sqlite3 depends on extra/tcl
core/iputils depends on extra/opensp
core/iputils depends on extra/libxslt
core/iputils depends on extra/docbook-xsl
core/madwifi-utils depends on extra/sharutils
core/e2fsprogs depends on extra/bc
core/ca-certificates depends on extra/ruby
core/madwifi depends on extra/sharutils

Circular Dependencies
-----------------------
gcc-gcj>eclipse-ecj>gcc-gcj

Summary
---------
Missing PKGBUILDs: 0
Invalid PKGBUILDs: 0
Mismatching PKGBUILD names: 0
Duplicate PKGBUILDs: 0
Invalid archs: 0
Missing (make)dependencies: 6
Repo hierarchy problems: 8
Circular dependencies: 1

Old 03-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 4:05 PM, <repomaint@archlinux.org> wrote:

> = Integrity Check x86_64 of core,extra =
>

> Missing Makedepends
> ---------------------
> crda --> 'python-m2crypto'

python-m2crypto is in community repo so we should move it to the
official ones. Should it go in core alongside crda? Or is moving it to
extra sufficient as we have other core package with makedepends in
extra? It has a depends on swig and swig depends on guile. So just
moving it to extra might be best.

Any opinions/objections?

Old 03-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Allan McRae

Eric Bélanger wrote:

= Integrity Check x86_64 of core,extra =

Missing Makedepends
---------------------
crda --> 'python-m2crypto'

python-m2crypto is in community repo so we should move it to the
official ones. Should it go in core alongside crda? Or is moving it to
extra sufficient as we have other core package with makedepends in
extra? It has a depends on swig and swig depends on guile. So just
moving it to extra might be best.

Any opinions/objections?

Into extra is fine by me. Apart from swig + guile, there is the obvious
python dep which is not needed in core.

Allan

Old 03-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Eric Bélanger wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 4:05 PM, *<repomaint@archlinux.org> wrote:

>>> = Integrity Check x86_64 of core,extra =
>>>

>>> Missing Makedepends
>>> ---------------------
>>> crda --> 'python-m2crypto'
>>>

>> python-m2crypto is in community repo so we should move it to the
>> official ones. Should it go in core alongside crda? Or is moving it to
>> extra sufficient as we have other core package with makedepends in
>> extra? *It has a depends on swig and swig depends on guile. So just
>> moving it to extra might be best.
>>
>> Any opinions/objections?
>>

> Into extra is fine by me. *Apart from swig + guile, there is the obvious
> python dep which is not needed in core.

Yeah this one is goofy. Move it to extra, but is there anyway we can
remove this makedep from crda?

Old 03-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Thomas Bächler

Aaron Griffin schrieb:

Into extra is fine by me. Apart from swig + guile, there is the obvious
python dep which is not needed in core.

Yeah this one is goofy. Move it to extra, but is there anyway we can
remove this makedep from crda?

This is used in the crda PKGBUILD to generate keys-gcrypt.c or
keys-openssl.c from a public key.

The regulatory database is signed with John Linville's private key, and
his public key is hardcoded into the crda and regdbdump binaries using
these source files, to ensure the integrity and authenticity of the
regulatory database file.

It might be possible to generate these files in advance and download
them during the build process, but this seems like much work with no
real benefit. I say we keep the makedepend. Personally, I don't care
whether a makedepend is in community or not.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Aaron Griffin schrieb:
>>>
>>> Into extra is fine by me. *Apart from swig + guile, there is the obvious
>>> python dep which is not needed in core.
>>
>> Yeah this one is goofy. Move it to extra, but is there anyway we can
>> remove this makedep from crda?
>
> This is used in the crda PKGBUILD to generate keys-gcrypt.c or
> keys-openssl.c from a public key.
>
> The regulatory database is signed with John Linville's private key, and his
> public key is hardcoded into the crda and regdbdump binaries using these
> source files, to ensure the integrity and authenticity of the regulatory
> database file.
>
> It might be possible to generate these files in advance and download them
> during the build process, but this seems like much work with no real
> benefit. I say we keep the makedepend. Personally, I don't care whether a
> makedepend is in community or not.

I've put python-m2crypto in extra. I won't adopt it so Thomas or
anyone else interested in python packages should adopt it.

Although, I haven't bumped the pkgrel, there is one difference
between the new package in extra and the old one in community. In the
community package,
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/M2Crypto-0.19.1-py2.6.egg-info is a
directory while it is a file for the package in extra. So, next time
the package is updated, the users with the community package will need
to force the install. If you think it would be more appropriate, I
could bump the pkgrel and write a news item to deal with this forcing
problem now instead of later.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Thomas Bächler

Eric Bélanger schrieb:

I've put python-m2crypto in extra. I won't adopt it so Thomas or
anyone else interested in python packages should adopt it.

I don't particularly care about that package, as I only use it for one
makedepend. I hope someone interested in python picks it up.