Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   ArchLinux Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/)
-   -   adding arora to extra? (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/257222-adding-arora-extra.html)

Pierre Schmitz 03-04-2009 08:35 PM

adding arora to extra?
 
Hi folks,

I would like to add the arora web browser to our extra repo. Its a small
(<1MB) browser which uses WebKit: http://www.arora-browser.org

There is a git version in aur/community with 166 votes. I would add the stable
version (0.5); which seems to be newer than the version in community btw. If
the maintainer wants to keep that development snapshot in community that's no
problem imho.

It benefits a lot from Qt 4.5 and would be an alternative to Midori which uses
GTK.

--

Pierre Schmitz


Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de

Aaron Griffin 03-04-2009 08:47 PM

adding arora to extra?
 
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I would like to add the arora web browser to our extra repo. Its a small
> (<1MB) browser which uses WebKit: http://www.arora-browser.org
>
> There is a git version in aur/community with 166 votes. I would add the stable
> version (0.5); which seems to be newer than the version in community btw. If
> the maintainer wants to keep that development snapshot in community that's no
> problem imho.
>
> It benefits a lot from Qt 4.5 and would be an alternative to Midori which uses
> GTK.

Seems like a good idea to me - I was thinking of trying this out, too :)

Pierre Schmitz 03-04-2009 09:07 PM

adding arora to extra?
 
Am Mittwoch, 4. März 2009 22:47:37 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> Seems like a good idea to me - I was thinking of trying this out, too :)

I'll put it into testing. If all went wrong I can remove it again then. :-)

--

Pierre Schmitz


Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de

Geoffroy Carrier 03-04-2009 09:16 PM

adding arora to extra?
 
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 22:35, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> There is a git version in aur/community with 166 votes. I would add the stable
> version (0.5); which seems to be newer than the version in community btw. If
> the maintainer wants to keep that development snapshot in community that's no
> problem imho.

Nice, I had an email in my drafts for the exact same request :)

I'm the author and maintainer of the -git PKGBUILD.
It had sense a looong time ago, before 0.2.
I'll put it in AUR, where it belongs, as soon as a release is
available in extra.

--
Geoffroy Carrier

Pierre Schmitz 03-04-2009 09:20 PM

adding arora to extra?
 
Am Mittwoch, 4. März 2009 23:16:15 schrieb Geoffroy Carrier:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 22:35, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> > There is a git version in aur/community with 166 votes. I would add the
> > stable version (0.5); which seems to be newer than the version in
> > community btw. If the maintainer wants to keep that development snapshot
> > in community that's no problem imho.
>
> Nice, I had an email in my drafts for the exact same request :)
>
> I'm the author and maintainer of the -git PKGBUILD.
> It had sense a looong time ago, before 0.2.
> I'll put it in AUR, where it belongs, as soon as a release is
> available in extra.

Ah nice. Feel free to update the package in extra/testing everytime you like.
It's not that I wanted to steal you package. ;-)

--

Pierre Schmitz


Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:08 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.