Old 03-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Thomas Bächler

Default Generating rebuild lists

Allan McRae schrieb:
On my laptop (not blazingly fast in cpu or hard-drive terms), this takes
~15min to scan my package cache (all testing, core and extra and
whatever I have from community). So this is now reasonable for people
to run on the new server and we will never miss a rebuild again!

Any comments on the script before I make the git patch to push it to
devtools?

It should have an option to scan $PATH/*/os/$ARCH/*.pkg.tar.gz so we can
scan an existing ftp mirror all at once. Also, using "ls" in unnecessary
as far as I can see, so it would look like:

for pkg in $directory/*.pkg.tar.gz; do
or
for pkg in $directory/*/os/$ARCH/*.pkg.tar.gz; do

I keep a mirror of all arch packages on my laptop, so we wouldn't have
to run it on the server.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Montag, 2. März 2009 09:27:04 schrieb Allan McRae:
> Any comments on the script before I make the git patch to push it to
> devtools?

Nice. Would be better to pass a package name to it. Something like:
rebuildlist $(pacman -Qql kdelibs | grep ".*.so")

PS: Why does the -q switch not work here? Is this a pacman bug or just a
missing feature?

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de

Old 03-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Allan McRae

Pierre Schmitz wrote:

Any comments on the script before I make the git patch to push it to
devtools?

Nice. Would be better to pass a package name to it. Something like:
rebuildlist $(pacman -Qql kdelibs | grep ".*.so")

I like passing the library names because I have had some packages which
only bump one of their many library sonames (e.g. heimdal on a minor
version update...). I could add a flag to pass a package.

PS: Why does the -q switch not work here? Is this a pacman bug or just a
missing feature?

Missing feature is my guess. -q normally removes pkgver-pkgrel info so
I guess this case was not considered.

Allan