FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Andrea Scarpino
 
Default move hddtemp to extra

2009/3/1 Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de>:
> I'd like to move hddtemp from community to extra. It's of quiet high
> usage according to http://www.archlinux.de/?page=PackageStatistics
> and I'd like to use it for Xfce4-sensors-plugin to be able to show
> hdd temps in the panel.
>
> I have some small improvements for both packages done locally and they
> work well together here showing two hard drives in the panel.
>
> Any objections?

No one problem for me and you can adopt it.

--
Andrea `BaSh` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer
 
Old 03-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Aaron Griffin
 
Default move hddtemp to extra

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> 2009/3/1 Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de>:
>> I'd like to move hddtemp from community to extra. It's of quiet high
>> usage according to http://www.archlinux.de/?page=PackageStatistics
>> and I'd like to use it for Xfce4-sensors-plugin to be able to show
>> hdd temps in the panel.
>>
>> I have some small improvements for both packages done locally and they
>> work well together here showing two hard drives in the panel.
>>
>> Any objections?
>
> No one problem for me and you can adopt it.

No objections.
 
Old 03-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Andreas Radke
 
Default move hddtemp to extra

Am Sun, 1 Mar 2009 23:41:24 +0100
schrieb Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org>:


> No one problem for me and you can adopt it.
>

Now it's in extra. Please adopt it. I don't want to maintain more
packages!

-Andy
 
Old 03-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Andrea Scarpino
 
Default move hddtemp to extra

2009/3/5 Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de>:
> Now it's in extra. Please adopt it. I don't want to maintain more
> packages!
>
It's ok.
I adopted it and dropped from community.

--
Andrea `BaSh` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer
 
Old 03-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Dan McGee
 
Default move hddtemp to extra

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> I'd like to move hddtemp from community to extra. It's of quiet high
> usage according to http://www.archlinux.de/?page=PackageStatistics
> and I'd like to use it for Xfce4-sensors-plugin to be able to show
> hdd temps in the panel.
>
> I have some small improvements for both packages done locally and they
> work well together here showing two hard drives in the panel.

I noticed the new version segfaults immediately for me upon starting
my XFCE session:
xfce4-sensors-p[4953] general protection ip:7fd4cff403a5
sp:7fffd8644260 error:0 in libc-2.9.so[7fd4cfecc000+14a000]

-Dan
 
Old 03-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Andreas Radke
 
Default move hddtemp to extra

Am Sun, 8 Mar 2009 17:16:00 -0500
schrieb Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com>:

> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de>
> wrote:
> > I'd like to move hddtemp from community to extra. It's of quiet high
> > usage according to http://www.archlinux.de/?page=PackageStatistics
> > and I'd like to use it for Xfce4-sensors-plugin to be able to show
> > hdd temps in the panel.
> >
> > I have some small improvements for both packages done locally and
> > they work well together here showing two hard drives in the panel.
>
> I noticed the new version segfaults immediately for me upon starting
> my XFCE session:
> xfce4-sensors-p[4953] general protection ip:7fd4cff403a5
> sp:7fffd8644260 error:0 in libc-2.9.so[7fd4cfecc000+14a000]
>
> -Dan
>

is the daemon working well and can you read from the hddtemp daemon with
[andyrtr@workstation64 ~]$ netcat localhost 7634
|/dev/sda|SAMSUNG HD250HJ|27|C||/dev/sdb|WDC
WD6400AAKS-22A7B0|32|C|

?

I haven't noticed any issues so far. The segfault comes from the panel
plugin?

-Andy
 
Old 03-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Dan McGee
 
Default move hddtemp to extra

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> Am Sun, 8 Mar 2009 17:16:00 -0500
> schrieb Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com>:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de>
>> wrote:
>> > I'd like to move hddtemp from community to extra. It's of quiet high
>> > usage according to http://www.archlinux.de/?page=PackageStatistics
>> > and I'd like to use it for Xfce4-sensors-plugin to be able to show
>> > hdd temps in the panel.
>> >
>> > I have some small improvements for both packages done locally and
>> > they work well together here showing two hard drives in the panel.
>>
>> I noticed the new version segfaults immediately for me upon starting
>> my XFCE session:
>> xfce4-sensors-p[4953] general protection ip:7fd4cff403a5
>> sp:7fffd8644260 error:0 in libc-2.9.so[7fd4cfecc000+14a000]
>>
>> -Dan
>>
>
> is the daemon working well and can you read from the hddtemp daemon with
> [andyrtr@workstation64 ~]$ netcat localhost 7634
> |/dev/sda|SAMSUNG HD250HJ|27|C||/dev/sdb|WDC
> WD6400AAKS-22A7B0|32|C|
>
> ?
>
> I haven't noticed any issues so far. The segfault comes from the panel
> plugin?

I'm not even trying to run the hddtemp daemon, just use the panel
plugin like I used to and right now it always issues this general
protection fault every single time I start it up.

-Dan
 
Old 03-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Aaron Griffin
 
Default move hddtemp to extra

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
>> Am Sun, 8 Mar 2009 17:16:00 -0500
>> schrieb Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de>
>>> wrote:
>>> > I'd like to move hddtemp from community to extra. It's of quiet high
>>> > usage according to http://www.archlinux.de/?page=PackageStatistics
>>> > and I'd like to use it for Xfce4-sensors-plugin to be able to show
>>> > hdd temps in the panel.
>>> >
>>> > I have some small improvements for both packages done locally and
>>> > they work well together here showing two hard drives in the panel.
>>>
>>> I noticed the new version segfaults immediately for me upon starting
>>> my XFCE session:
>>> xfce4-sensors-p[4953] general protection ip:7fd4cff403a5
>>> sp:7fffd8644260 error:0 in libc-2.9.so[7fd4cfecc000+14a000]
>>>
>>> -Dan
>>>
>>
>> is the daemon working well and can you read from the hddtemp daemon with
>> [andyrtr@workstation64 ~]$ netcat localhost 7634
>> |/dev/sda|SAMSUNG HD250HJ|27|C||/dev/sdb|WDC
>> WD6400AAKS-22A7B0|32|C|
>>
>> ?
>>
>> I haven't noticed any issues so far. The segfault comes from the panel
>> plugin?
>
> I'm not even trying to run the hddtemp daemon, just use the panel
> plugin like I used to and right now it always issues this general
> protection fault every single time I start it up.

Do you have hddtemp installed? Is it just the case of a missing hard dep?
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:38 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org