Old 03-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Andreas Radke

Default move hddtemp to extra

I'd like to move hddtemp from community to extra. It's of quiet high
usage according to http://www.archlinux.de/?page=PackageStatistics
and I'd like to use it for Xfce4-sensors-plugin to be able to show
hdd temps in the panel.

I have some small improvements for both packages done locally and they
work well together here showing two hard drives in the panel.

Any objections?

-Andy

Old 03-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Thomas Bächler

Andreas Radke schrieb:

I'd like to move hddtemp from community to extra. It's of quiet high
usage according to http://www.archlinux.de/?page=PackageStatistics
and I'd like to use it for Xfce4-sensors-plugin to be able to show
hdd temps in the panel.

I have some small improvements for both packages done locally and they
work well together here showing two hard drives in the panel.

Any objections?

What hddtemp does is just a subset of what smartctl and smartd can do.
No idea if you can use that with xfce, just wanted to mention it.