-   -   wpa_supplicant 0.6.8-1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/254503-wpa_supplicant-0-6-8-1-a.html)

Thomas Bächler 02-28-2009 05:47 PM

wpa_supplicant 0.6.8-1

wpa_supplicant declared the 0.6 branch as stable, changes compared to
the old version are:

- Disabled prism54, hostap, madwifi and IPW drivers, these should all be
obsolete and work with the "wext" driver. If any problems occur, I can
enable them again, but I think having only wext is enough.
- Enabled the new nl80211 driver. This has additional features over the
wext driver, like setting the country code (this driver currently only
works with compat-wireless or maybe 2.6.29 release candidates)

- Enabled readline support for wpa_cli
- Enabled WPS (WiFi protected setup), I don't know if anyone really
wants that, but it is there now.

wpa_supplicant_gui has also been considerably improved.

Please sign off.

Thomas Bächler 02-28-2009 07:06 PM

wpa_supplicant 0.6.8-1

Thomas Bächler schrieb:
wpa_supplicant declared the 0.6 branch as stable, changes compared to
the old version are:

- Disabled prism54, hostap, madwifi and IPW drivers, these should all be
obsolete and work with the "wext" driver. If any problems occur, I can
enable them again, but I think having only wext is enough.
- Enabled the new nl80211 driver. This has additional features over the
wext driver, like setting the country code (this driver currently only
works with compat-wireless or maybe 2.6.29 release candidates)

- Enabled readline support for wpa_cli
- Enabled WPS (WiFi protected setup), I don't know if anyone really
wants that, but it is there now.

wpa_supplicant_gui has also been considerably improved.

Please sign off.

Pierre noted that this version removes the "-w" option and thus breaks
netcfg. We need to patch netcfg to not use the -w option. James, can you
put an updated version to testing?

I also noticed I accidently built this with support for "atmel" and
"ndiswrapper" drivers, which are probably also obsolete. The wext driver
should at least cover ndiswrapper support.

James Rayner 03-01-2009 08:39 AM

wpa_supplicant 0.6.8-1

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:

> Pierre noted that this version removes the "-w" option and thus breaks
> netcfg. We need to patch netcfg to not use the -w option. James, can you put
> an updated version to testing?

Done.

Pushed 2.1.3, it's just 2.1.2 with only minor changes which all work
here, so it shouldn't need long in [testing].

Tobias Powalowski 03-02-2009 05:12 AM

wpa_supplicant 0.6.8-1

Am Sonntag 01 März 2009 schrieb James Rayner:
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > Pierre noted that this version removes the "-w" option and thus breaks
> > netcfg. We need to patch netcfg to not use the -w option. James, can you
> > put an updated version to testing?
>
> Done.
>
> Pushed 2.1.3, it's just 2.1.2 with only minor changes which all work
> here, so it shouldn't need long in [testing].
is it already in testing?
i can't use the new wpa_supplicant anymore ...
greetings
tpowa

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Thomas Bächler 03-02-2009 07:27 AM

wpa_supplicant 0.6.8-1

Tobias Powalowski schrieb:

Pierre noted that this version removes the "-w" option and thus breaks
netcfg. We need to patch netcfg to not use the -w option. James, can you
put an updated version to testing?

Done.

Pushed 2.1.3, it's just 2.1.2 with only minor changes which all work
here, so it shouldn't need long in [testing].

is it already in testing?
i can't use the new wpa_supplicant anymore ...
greetings
tpowa

I can't even find it in git. Just look where wpa_supplicant is called in
netcfg, it says "-wB" somewhere, replace that with "-B".

James Rayner 03-02-2009 10:26 AM

wpa_supplicant 0.6.8-1

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:

> I can't even find it in git. Just look where wpa_supplicant is called in
> netcfg, it says "-wB" somewhere, replace that with "-B".

It's not in [testing] because I forgot to run the db script _again_....

oops.

Tobias Powalowski 03-02-2009 04:49 PM

wpa_supplicant 0.6.8-1

Am Montag 02 März 2009 schrieb James Rayner:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > I can't even find it in git. Just look where wpa_supplicant is called in
> > netcfg, it says "-wB" somewhere, replace that with "-B".
>
> It's not in [testing] because I forgot to run the db script _again_....
>
> oops.
ah yes found it in wireless.subr

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Andreas Radke 03-02-2009 08:32 PM

wpa_supplicant 0.6.8-1

Am Mon, 2 Mar 2009 22:26:37 +1100
schrieb James Rayner <iphitus@iphitus.org>:

> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>
> wrote:
> >>

> > I can't even find it in git. Just look where wpa_supplicant is
> > called in netcfg, it says "-wB" somewhere, replace that with "-B".
>
> It's not in [testing] because I forgot to run the db script
> _again_....
>
> oops.

http://www.archlinux.de/?page=ArchitectureDifferences

It's still not there for x86_64!

-Andy

Andreas Radke 03-04-2009 02:01 PM

wpa_supplicant 0.6.8-1

Am Mon, 2 Mar 2009 22:26:37 +1100
schrieb James Rayner <iphitus@iphitus.org>:

> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>
> wrote:
> >>

> > I can't even find it in git. Just look where wpa_supplicant is
> > called in netcfg, it says "-wB" somewhere, replace that with "-B".
>
> It's not in [testing] because I forgot to run the db script
> _again_....
>
> oops.

Now I got the 2.1.3-2 pkg. WLAN does work well but I get a weird
warning:

[root@laptop64 andyrtr]# LANG=C /etc/rc.d/net-profiles restart
:: home.wlan down [DONE]
:: home.wlan up [BUSY]
chmod: cannot access `/tmp/wpa.wlan0': No such file or directory
[DONE]

any idea? is it caused by new netcfg or wpa_supplicant?

-Andy

Thomas Bächler 03-09-2009 11:35 AM

wpa_supplicant 0.6.8-1

Thomas Bächler schrieb:
wpa_supplicant declared the 0.6 branch as stable, changes compared to
the old version are:

- Disabled prism54, hostap, madwifi and IPW drivers, these should all be
obsolete and work with the "wext" driver. If any problems occur, I can
enable them again, but I think having only wext is enough.
- Enabled the new nl80211 driver. This has additional features over the
wext driver, like setting the country code (this driver currently only
works with compat-wireless or maybe 2.6.29 release candidates)

- Enabled readline support for wpa_cli
- Enabled WPS (WiFi protected setup), I don't know if anyone really
wants that, but it is there now.

wpa_supplicant_gui has also been considerably improved.

Please sign off.

So what's going on here? Can we move this? Does netcfg work now?