Old 03-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Default wpa_supplicant 0.6.8-1

Am Montag 09 März 2009 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> Thomas Bächler schrieb:
> > wpa_supplicant declared the 0.6 branch as stable, changes compared to
> > the old version are:
> >
> > - Disabled prism54, hostap, madwifi and IPW drivers, these should all be
> > obsolete and work with the "wext" driver. If any problems occur, I can
> > enable them again, but I think having only wext is enough.
> > - Enabled the new nl80211 driver. This has additional features over the
> > wext driver, like setting the country code (this driver currently only
> > works with compat-wireless or maybe 2.6.29 release candidates)
> > - Enabled readline support for wpa_cli
> > - Enabled WPS (WiFi protected setup), I don't know if anyone really
> > wants that, but it is there now.
> >
> > wpa_supplicant_gui has also been considerably improved.
> >
> > Please sign off.
>
> So what's going on here? Can we move this? Does netcfg work now?
netcfg gives me errors while booting, with /tmp/wpa.ath0 no acess, but it does
work afterwards

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 03-10-2009, 09:15 AM
James Rayner

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:

>> So what's going on here? Can we move this? Does netcfg work now?
> netcfg gives me errors while booting, with /tmp/wpa.ath0 no acess, but it does
> work afterwards

netcfg was chmod'ing the wpa_supplicant config file before it was
created. Didn't effect functionality, but meant that the generated
wpa_supplicant config (including key) was world-readable.

I uploaded a -2 release with a quick patch to fix this, though havn't
put an x86_64 build up yet.

James