Old 02-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Aaron Griffin

Default Fixing licenses / sources

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please check /var/log/sourceballs/ to see if some of your packages are
>> there. These failures cause a slow down of the script. The script now
>> runs in 30 min compared to the few hours it took when I first started
>> the tests. Please post here if you can fix your packages sometime this
>> week. If not, post anyway. *This way we'll know what packages are
>> taken care off.
>>
>> BTW, fssos-nsvs will need to be rebuild to fix the license among other
>> things. But it doesn't build anymore (latest version is from 2005). I
>> have an updated PKGBUILD if you want to give it a shot.
>> And I'm upgrading openal so leave that to me.
>>
>> If you are interested (and have time) in helping out for steps 2 & 3
>> that I mentionned earlier in this thread, post here. This way we'll
>> know who will work on this and we'll be able to organize ourselves.
>> You can count me in although an upcoming faad2 rebuild (and perhaps an
>> ffmpeg/x264 update/rebuild) will probably take most of my time this
>> week.
>>
>> Eric
>>

> A week has passed and still no volunteers? *Anyway, I've kept myself
> busy lately by updating out-of-date orphaned packages, fixing their
> licenses and other stuff as needed. I 've also started fixing the
> packages in /var/log/sourceballs/.

Changing the subject and ML to make this more visible

Please take a look at the packages that fail in /var/log/sourceballs
If any of your packages are there, please fix them so that "makepkg
--allsource" works.

Additionally, please check
ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/sources/failed.txt
ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/sources/errors.txt [1]
for additional failures

1: This output sucks. I've committed a fix for it, but it's not released