Old 02-26-2009, 09:35 AM
James Rayner

Default ifconfig/route to iproute2

Bug report: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10160

Attached is a patch for initscripts git, updated from the bug report.
netcfg has support in git.

Remaining notes:
- ip is presently located in /usr/sbin. This may be an issue.
- ip appears to not need any special arguments for ipv6, so ipv6
checks have been removed. Anyone using ipv6 that can confirm?
- As with original patch, bonding and bridging not tested.

James

ps: rc.d/network is much cleaner than last time I saw it. Good work to
whoever tidied it up.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Thomas Bächler

James Rayner schrieb:

Bug report: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10160

Attached is a patch for initscripts git, updated from the bug report.
netcfg has support in git.

Remaining notes:
- ip is presently located in /usr/sbin. This may be an issue.
- ip appears to not need any special arguments for ipv6, so ipv6
checks have been removed. Anyone using ipv6 that can confirm?
- As with original patch, bonding and bridging not tested.

James

ps: rc.d/network is much cleaner than last time I saw it. Good work to
whoever tidied it up.

I posted my comments to the bug report, we should keep this discussion
there.