-   -   man-pages 2.74-1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/25043-man-pages-2-74-1-a.html)

Andreas Radke 12-30-2007 09:40 AM

man-pages 2.74-1

in testing for both architectures. just an update.

-Andy

Damir Perisa 12-30-2007 11:57 AM

man-pages 2.74-1

Sunday 30 December 2007, Andreas Radke wrote:
| in testing for both architectures. just an update.
|
| -Andy

x86_64 ok

- D

--
.`..`..`..`..`..`. .

><((((>

<)))><
<)))><

Pierre Schmitz 12-30-2007 12:56 PM

man-pages 2.74-1

Am Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2007 11:40:53 schrieb Andreas Radke:
> in testing for both architectures. just an update.
>
> -Andy

signoff (both arches)

btw: man pages are still broken when using utf8, or do we have a fix for this?

--
http://www.archlinux.de

"Roman Kyrylych" 01-08-2008 11:07 AM

man-pages 2.74-1

2007/12/30, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>:
> Am Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2007 11:40:53 schrieb Andreas Radke:
> > in testing for both architectures. just an update.
> >
> > -Andy
>
> signoff (both arches)
>
> btw: man pages are still broken when using utf8, or do we have a fix for this?

According to comments on http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7477
we should replace man with man-db.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

"Aaron Griffin" 01-08-2008 12:09 PM

man-pages 2.74-1

On Jan 8, 2008 6:07 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/12/30, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>:
> > Am Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2007 11:40:53 schrieb Andreas Radke:
> > > in testing for both architectures. just an update.
> > >
> > > -Andy
> >
> > signoff (both arches)
> >
> > btw: man pages are still broken when using utf8, or do we have a fix for this?
> >

> According to comments on http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7477
> we should replace man with man-db.

I'm confused. If man-db uses bdb instead of flat files... what happens
to man pages?

"Roman Kyrylych" 01-08-2008 12:19 PM

man-pages 2.74-1

2008/1/8, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com>:
> On Jan 8, 2008 6:07 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > signoff (both arches)
> > >
> > > btw: man pages are still broken when using utf8, or do we have a fix for this?
> > >

> > According to comments on http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7477
> > we should replace man with man-db.
>
> I'm confused. If man-db uses bdb instead of flat files... what happens
> to man pages?

From what I've read in their manual in bzr - it still uses ordinary
manpages from /usr/share/man/*, only the whatis database, cache etc.
are stored in bdb.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)