Old 02-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Allan McRae

Default ncurses-5.7-2.1

Signoff for ncurses-5.7-2.1 on x86_64 only.

It seems most major distros use --chtype=long for their x86_64 ncurses
builds due to binary compatibility with old versions of ncurses. So,
some binary blobs may need this (see FS#13351). The wide character
library (that all our packages are linked against), is not changed.

I would like a signoff from someone using a binary blob that links to
ncurses.

Allan

Old 03-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Allan McRae

Allan McRae wrote:

Signoff for ncurses-5.7-2.1 on x86_64 only.

It seems most major distros use --chtype=long for their x86_64 ncurses
builds due to binary compatibility with old versions of ncurses. So,
some binary blobs may need this (see FS#13351). The wide character
library (that all our packages are linked against), is not changed.

I would like a signoff from someone using a binary blob that links to
ncurses.

I had a user report that the binary blob they were using now works
without problems so just any x86_64 signoff is needed here.

Allan

Old 03-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 3:53 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Allan McRae wrote:
>>
>> Signoff for ncurses-5.7-2.1 on x86_64 only.
>>
>> It seems most major distros use --chtype=long for their x86_64 ncurses
>> builds due to binary compatibility with old versions of ncurses. *So, some
>> binary blobs may need this (see FS#13351). *The wide character library (that
>> all our packages are linked against), is not changed.
>>
>> I would like a signoff from someone using a binary blob that links to
>> ncurses.
>
> I had a user report that the binary blob they were using now works without
> problems so just any x86_64 signoff is needed here.
>
> Allan

Looks good. signoff x86_64