Old 02-20-2009, 02:54 AM
Eric Bélanger

Default faad2/ffmpeg/x264 update/rebuild

Hi,

There will be an upcoming update to faad2, ffmpeg and x264. Both faad2
and x264 will have an soname bump so a rebuild will be neccessary.
I'll do the rebuilds. I'll also check for updates and trivial bug
reports to do at the same time..

The packages that will be rebuilt are:
==faad2 rebuild

avidemux
cmus
faad2
ffmpeg
gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
mpd
muine
mythmusic
streamripper
vlc
xine-lib

==x264 rebuild

avidemux
ffmpeg
gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
motion
mplayer
opal
transcode
vlc
x264

Old 02-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There will be an upcoming update to faad2, ffmpeg and x264. Both faad2
> and x264 will have an soname bump so a rebuild will be neccessary.
> I'll do the rebuilds. I'll also check for updates and trivial bug
> reports to do at the same time..
>
> The packages that will be rebuilt are:
> ==faad2 rebuild
>
> avidemux
> cmus
> faad2
> ffmpeg
> gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
> mpd
> muine
> mythmusic
> streamripper
> vlc
> xine-lib
>
> ==x264 rebuild
>
> avidemux
> ffmpeg
> gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
> motion
> mplayer
> opal
> transcode
> vlc
> x264

The rebuilds are in testing now. They are:

avidemux
cmus
faad2 - Upstream update, Updated LICENSE file,
Compiled with -fPIC option (needed for muine)
ffmpeg - Upstream update, Added qt-faststart utility
(close FS#13298)
gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
mpd - Upstream update, Added glib2 and curl
depends, Added mod support, cleaned up .install file (close FS#12282)
mplayer - Enabled lirc support (close FS#12989),
Added XvMC support (close FS#13265), Added FM radio support (close
FS#11480)
muine - Added gnome-icon-theme makedepends
mythmusic
opal
pal
streamripper - Upstream update
vlc
x264 - Upstream update
xine-lib

Motion and transcode didn't need to be rebuilt. They just needed a
rebuilt ffmpeg. Please test and report any problems or missed
rebuilds.

Eric

Old 02-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There will be an upcoming update to faad2, ffmpeg and x264. Both faad2
>> and x264 will have an soname bump so a rebuild will be neccessary.
>> I'll do the rebuilds. I'll also check for updates and trivial bug
>> reports to do at the same time..
>>
>> The packages that will be rebuilt are:
>> ==faad2 rebuild
>>
>> avidemux
>> cmus
>> faad2
>> ffmpeg
>> gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
>> mpd
>> muine
>> mythmusic
>> streamripper
>> vlc
>> xine-lib
>>
>> ==x264 rebuild
>>
>> avidemux
>> ffmpeg
>> gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
>> motion
>> mplayer
>> opal
>> transcode
>> vlc
>> x264
>>

> The rebuilds are in testing now. They are:
>
> avidemux
> cmus
> faad2 - Upstream update, Updated LICENSE file,
> Compiled with -fPIC option (needed for muine)
> ffmpeg - Upstream update, Added qt-faststart utility
> (close FS#13298)
> gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
> mpd - Upstream update, Added glib2 and curl
> depends, Added mod support, cleaned up .install file (close FS#12282)
> mplayer - Enabled lirc support (close FS#12989),
> Added XvMC support (close FS#13265), Added FM radio support (close
> FS#11480)
> muine - Added gnome-icon-theme makedepends
> mythmusic
> opal
> pal
> streamripper - Upstream update
> vlc
> x264 - Upstream update
> xine-lib
>
> Motion and transcode didn't need to be rebuilt. They just needed a
> rebuilt ffmpeg. Please test and report any problems or missed
> rebuilds.
>
> Eric

pal shouldn't be on that list.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There will be an upcoming update to faad2, ffmpeg and x264. Both faad2
>> and x264 will have an soname bump so a rebuild will be neccessary.
>> I'll do the rebuilds. *I'll also check for updates and trivial bug
>> reports to do at the same time..
>>
>> The packages that will be rebuilt are:
>> ==faad2 rebuild
>>
>> avidemux
>> cmus
>> faad2
>> ffmpeg
>> gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
>> mpd
>> muine
>> mythmusic
>> streamripper
>> vlc
>> xine-lib
>>
>> ==x264 rebuild
>>
>> avidemux
>> ffmpeg
>> gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
>> motion
>> mplayer
>> opal
>> transcode
>> vlc
>> x264
>>

> The rebuilds are in testing now. They are:
>
> avidemux
> cmus
> faad2 * * * * * * * * * *- Upstream update, Updated LICENSE file,
> Compiled with -fPIC option (needed for muine)
> ffmpeg * * * * * * * * *- Upstream update, Added qt-faststart utility
> (close FS#13298)
> gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
> mpd * * * * * * * * * * * - Upstream update, Added glib2 and curl
> depends, Added mod support, cleaned up .install file (close FS#12282)
> mplayer * * * * * * * * *- Enabled lirc support (close FS#12989),
> Added XvMC support (close FS#13265), Added FM radio support (close
> FS#11480)
> muine * * * * * * * * * * - Added gnome-icon-theme makedepends
> mythmusic
> opal
> pal
> streamripper * * * * *- *Upstream update
> vlc
> x264 * * * * * * * * * * * - Upstream update
> xine-lib
>
> Motion and transcode didn't need to be rebuilt. They just needed a
> rebuilt ffmpeg. *Please test and report any problems or missed
> rebuilds.
>
> Eric

No problems has been reported so far. I'll push these to extra
tomorrow night unless something come up.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Allan McRae

There seems to be one... http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13621