Old 02-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Aaron Griffin

Default groff 1.20.1-2

Minor change to the local site-tmac files related to the recent man-db
inclusion.

I shut off groff's "SGR" color codes by default, as nothing seems to
use them right. Instead of defining GROFF_NO_SGR to shut off SGR,
define GROFF_SGR to turn it on if you need it.

Debian and Mandriva also seem to do the same - you get much more valid
results searching for GROFF_SGR than GROFF_NO_SGR

Old 02-23-2009, 06:54 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Minor change to the local site-tmac files related to the recent man-db
> inclusion.
>
> I shut off groff's "SGR" color codes by default, as nothing seems to
> use them right. Instead of defining GROFF_NO_SGR to shut off SGR,
> define GROFF_SGR to turn it on if you need it.
>
> Debian and Mandriva also seem to do the same - you get much more valid
> results searching for GROFF_SGR than GROFF_NO_SGR

Not extensively tested but I haven't noticed any problems. Coloured
man pages works. Signoff both arches.

Eric

Old 02-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 2:54 AM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Minor change to the local site-tmac files related to the recent man-db
>> inclusion.
>>
>> I shut off groff's "SGR" color codes by default, as nothing seems to
>> use them right. Instead of defining GROFF_NO_SGR to shut off SGR,
>> define GROFF_SGR to turn it on if you need it.
>>
>> Debian and Mandriva also seem to do the same - you get much more valid
>> results searching for GROFF_SGR than GROFF_NO_SGR
>>

> Not extensively tested but I haven't noticed any problems. Coloured
> man pages works. Signoff both arches.
>
> Eric

Is there anything holding this up? man-db has been moved to core,

Old 02-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 2:54 AM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Minor change to the local site-tmac files related to the recent man-db
>>> inclusion.
>>>
>>> I shut off groff's "SGR" color codes by default, as nothing seems to
>>> use them right. Instead of defining GROFF_NO_SGR to shut off SGR,
>>> define GROFF_SGR to turn it on if you need it.
>>>
>>> Debian and Mandriva also seem to do the same - you get much more valid
>>> results searching for GROFF_SGR than GROFF_NO_SGR
>>>

>> Not extensively tested but I haven't noticed any problems. Coloured
>> man pages works. Signoff both arches.
>>
>> Eric
>>

> Is there anything holding this up? man-db has been moved to core,

Just signoffs I was hoping for more, but I'll go ahead and move it

Old 02-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Not extensively tested but I haven't noticed any problems. Coloured
>>> man pages works. Signoff both arches.
>>>
>>> Eric
>>>

>> Is there anything holding this up? man-db has been moved to core,
>
> Just signoffs I was hoping for more, but I'll go ahead and move it

Hmm, looks like it was moved already. Hooray