Old 02-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Thomas Bächler

Default Arch Linux release in the press

I just noticed by accident that our release announcement made it to
heise open. This is the first time that Arch has been mentioned on heise
at all, so I am a bit psyched. Anyway, for those who know German, read
here: http://www.heise.de/open/Arch-Linux-2009-02--/news/meldung/132693

It's not much more than a translation of the release announcement, but
should still attract some more German users.

I'd like to use this thread to collect more press coverage of our
release, so if you see anything, post it here (or reply on arch-general).

Old 02-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Andrea Scarpino

2009/2/17 Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>:
> I just noticed by accident that our release announcement made it to heise
> open. This is the first time that Arch has been mentioned on heise at all,
> so I am a bit psyched. Anyway, for those who know German, read here:
> http://www.heise.de/open/Arch-Linux-2009-02--/news/meldung/132693
>
> It's not much more than a translation of the release announcement, but
> should still attract some more German users.
>
> I'd like to use this thread to collect more press coverage of our release,
> so if you see anything, post it here (or reply on arch-general).
Also a popular Italian site[1] have announced the our ISO is released
nice

[1] http://www.ossblog.it/post/4672/rilasciata-archlinux-20092

--
Andrea `BaSh` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer

Old 02-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Thomas Bächler

Thomas Bächler schrieb:
I'd like to use this thread to collect more press coverage of our
release, so if you see anything, post it here (or reply on arch-general).

Gerhard googled a few more:

German:
http://www.tecchannel.de/pc_mobile/news/1818880/linux_distribution_arch_linux_200902_steht_bereit/
http://www.pro-linux.de/news/2009/13814.html
http://blog.chip.de/chip-linux-blog/arch-linux-200902-ist-raus-20090217/

English (the only one that is a bit more than a copy of the release
announcement):

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Arch-Linux-2009-02-Has-EXT4-Support-104699.shtml

Old 02-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 6:50 AM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> 2009/2/17 Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>:
>> I just noticed by accident that our release announcement made it to heise
>> open. This is the first time that Arch has been mentioned on heise at all,
>> so I am a bit psyched. Anyway, for those who know German, read here:
>> http://www.heise.de/open/Arch-Linux-2009-02--/news/meldung/132693
>>
>> It's not much more than a translation of the release announcement, but
>> should still attract some more German users.
>>
>> I'd like to use this thread to collect more press coverage of our release,
>> so if you see anything, post it here (or reply on arch-general).
> Also a popular Italian site[1] have announced the our ISO is released
> nice
>
> [1] http://www.ossblog.it/post/4672/rilasciata-archlinux-20092

PC Magazine Italy (Italia?) also asked permission to put the release
on their cover DVD. Woo

Old 02-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Hugo Doria

Biggest Free Software Portal on Brazil:
http://br-linux.org/2009/nova-iso-do-arch-linux-liberada-e-com-suporte-a-ext4/

-- Hugo

Old 02-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Firmicus

Thomas Bächler a écrit :
> Thomas Bächler schrieb:
>> I'd like to use this thread to collect more press coverage of our
>> release, so if you see anything, post it here (or reply on
>> arch-general).
>
> Gerhard googled a few more:
>
> German:
> http://www.tecchannel.de/pc_mobile/news/1818880/linux_distribution_arch_linux_200902_steht_bereit/
>
> http://www.pro-linux.de/news/2009/13814.html
> http://blog.chip.de/chip-linux-blog/arch-linux-200902-ist-raus-20090217/
>
> English (the only one that is a bit more than a copy of the release
> announcement):
> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Arch-Linux-2009-02-Has-EXT4-Support-104699.shtml

Another one (in German):
http://www.linux-magazin.de/content/view/full/34254

Old 02-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Allan McRae

Firmicus wrote:

Thomas Bächler a écrit :

Thomas Bächler schrieb:

I'd like to use this thread to collect more press coverage of our
release, so if you see anything, post it here (or reply on
arch-general).

Gerhard googled a few more:

German:
http://www.tecchannel.de/pc_mobile/news/1818880/linux_distribution_arch_linux_200902_steht_bereit/

http://www.pro-linux.de/news/2009/13814.html
http://blog.chip.de/chip-linux-blog/arch-linux-200902-ist-raus-20090217/

English (the only one that is a bit more than a copy of the release
announcement):
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Arch-Linux-2009-02-Has-EXT4-Support-104699.shtml

Another one (in German):
http://www.linux-magazin.de/content/view/full/3425

And just for fun.... Arch is #4 on Distrowatch for the "last 7 days"
ranking. Debian's release has pushed it to #1.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Donnerstag, 19. Februar 2009 11:31:07 schrieb Firmicus:
> Thomas Bächler a écrit :
> > Thomas Bächler schrieb:
> >> I'd like to use this thread to collect more press coverage of our
> >> release, so if you see anything, post it here (or reply on
> >> arch-general).
> >
> > Gerhard googled a few more:
> >
> > German:
> > http://www.tecchannel.de/pc_mobile/news/1818880/linux_distribution_arch_l
> >inux_200902_steht_bereit/
> >
> > http://www.pro-linux.de/news/2009/13814.html
> > http://blog.chip.de/chip-linux-blog/arch-linux-200902-ist-raus-20090217/
> >
> > English (the only one that is a bit more than a copy of the release
> > announcement):
> > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Arch-Linux-2009-02-Has-EXT4-Support-104699
> >.shtml
>
> Another one (in German):
> http://www.linux-magazin.de/content/view/full/34254

We maintain a wiki page for collecting those (German) press articles:
http://wiki.archlinux.de/title/Arch_in_den_Medien

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76