Old 02-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Allan McRae

Default termcap-compat dependencies

Jan de Groot wrote:

Hello devs,

Today I was upgrading genius and found out it had dependencies on
termcap-compat. Lookin in the configure file, it checks like this:

checking for -ltermcap -> yes: link to -ltermcap, no: check for
-lncurses

I've seen some bugs last week that involved termcap-compat dependencies
as a result of building on a system which is not clean (to the devs not
doing it yet: build in chroots, not on your working system which is
polluted with unneeded packages and AUR stuff). These bugs were fixed by
actually adding these dependencies.

Please don't add additional dependencies like this old deprecated
termcap-compat package just because a bug was reported, but please check
out if it's really needed as dependency and leave it out when possible.

And given this is the second post mentioning using chroots, I will bump

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Building_in_a_Clean_Chroot

Old 02-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Jan de Groot wrote:
>>
>> Hello devs,
>>
>> Today I was upgrading genius and found out it had dependencies on
>> termcap-compat. Lookin in the configure file, it checks like this:
>>
>> checking for -ltermcap -> yes: link to -ltermcap, no: check for
>> -lncurses
>>
>> I've seen some bugs last week that involved termcap-compat dependencies
>> as a result of building on a system which is not clean (to the devs not
>> doing it yet: build in chroots, not on your working system which is
>> polluted with unneeded packages and AUR stuff). These bugs were fixed by
>> actually adding these dependencies.
>>
>> Please don't add additional dependencies like this old deprecated
>> termcap-compat package just because a bug was reported, but please check
>> out if it's really needed as dependency and leave it out when possible.
>>

> And given this is the second post mentioning using chroots, I will bump the
> wiki page I wrote:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Building_in_a_Clean_Chroot

Shouldn't the last line be "sudo mkarchroot -u <chrootdir>/root" not
"<chrootdir>/repo" ?

Old 02-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Allan McRae

wiki page I wrote:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Building_in_a_Clean_Chroot

Shouldn't the last line be "sudo mkarchroot -u <chrootdir>/root" not
"<chrootdir>/repo" ?

Huh... I'm sure it says root! :P