Old 12-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Jan de Groot

Default Mozilla move from testing?

I see the todo list for mozilla -> /usr move is completed. Do we have
any issues left here? I'd like to have it moved so I can update some
extra applications.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:32 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Dec 29, 2007 5:23 AM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> I see the todo list for mozilla -> /usr move is completed. Do we have
> any issues left here? I'd like to have it moved so I can update some
> extra applications.

I just want to follow up on this, because I didn't see any response.
It appears that the packages I checked are still in testing, but I
didn't confirm they're all there.

Are there any showstoppers with moving the packages listed here into core?
https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/44/

If no one objects, I'd say let's move them.

(PS The dev interface now includes packages by repo listed at the top,
and it's very interesting to look at those in testing if you sort by
"last updated")

Old 01-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Andreas Radke

Am Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:23:32 +0100
schrieb Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net>:

> I see the todo list for mozilla -> /usr move is completed. Do we have
> any issues left here? I'd like to have it moved so I can update some
> extra applications.

hm. it seems gnash i skinda broken in testing...

[root@workstation64 andyrtr]# env LANG=C pacman -S gnash-gtk
resolving dependencies... done.
looking for inter-conflicts... done.

Targets: gnash-common-0.8.1-2 gnash-gtk-0.8.1-2

Total Package Size: 5.90 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
checking package integrity... done.
cleaning up... done.
(2/2) checking for file conflicts [------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
error: could not prepare transaction
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashamf-0.8.1.so exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashamf.a exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashamf.so exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashbackend-0.8.1.so exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashbackend.a exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashbackend.so exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashbase-0.8.1.so exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashbase.a exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashbase.so exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashgeo-0.8.1.so exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashgeo.a exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashgeo.so exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashserver-0.8.1.so exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashserver.a exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashserver.so exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/man/man1/gnash.1.gz exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/share/gnash/GnashG.png exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/share/gnash/gnash_128_96.ico exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/share/locale/cs/gnash.mo exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/share/locale/de/gnash.mo exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/share/locale/es/gnash.mo exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/share/locale/fr/gnash.mo exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'
/usr/share/locale/it/gnash.mo exists in both 'gnash-common' and 'gnash-gtk'

errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I'll try to find what went wrong.

-Andy

Old 01-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Andreas Radke

I had to rebuild gnash-common against latest ffmpeg here again and then
i fixed the gnash-common pkg. please can any i686 dev rebuild those two
packages gnash-{common,gtk}-0.8.1-3 for i686 testing?

but their functionality is very poor compared to the one in extra.
opera doesn't show any flash and firefox can only show less movies than
with gnash from extra. can the new ffmpeg be the reason?

-Andy

Old 01-07-2008, 04:10 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Jan 5, 2008 3:46 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> but their functionality is very poor compared to the one in extra.
> opera doesn't show any flash and firefox can only show less movies than
> with gnash from extra. can the new ffmpeg be the reason?

Perhaps, but it might also be a regression in gnash. ffmpeg would only
directly affect the h264 stuff that current flash incarnations are
popping out, and maybe flv playback, though the flv format has been
stable for some time. I'd almost expect it to be a gnash regression.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Andreas Radke

Am Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:23:32 +0100
schrieb Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net>:

> I see the todo list for mozilla -> /usr move is completed. Do we have
> any issues left here? I'd like to have it moved so I can update some
> extra applications.

state?

i need it clean soon to bring next OOo 2.4 release candidates to
testing.

-Andy