Old 02-10-2009, 02:13 AM
Eric Bélanger

Default gpm 1.20.6-1

Hi,

gpm 1.20.6-1 is in testing for both arches. please signoff.

Changes: minor upstream update and added .install file to handle info file.

Upstream Changelog:
Released: 9th of February 2009
Changes:
* Some cleanups (Mike Frysinger/Nico Schottelius)
* Pull in fcntl.h rather than unistd.h for open() (Mike Frysinger)
* Fix gcc warning "control reaches end of non-void function" (Mike Frysinger)
* Fix building with libtool-2 (Mike Frysinger)

Old 02-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> gpm 1.20.6-1 is in testing for both arches. please signoff.
>
> Changes: minor upstream update and added .install file to handle info file.
>
> Upstream Changelog:
> Released: 9th of February 2009
> Changes:
> * Some cleanups (Mike Frysinger/Nico Schottelius)
> * Pull in fcntl.h rather than unistd.h for open() (Mike Frysinger)
> * Fix gcc warning "control reaches end of non-void function" (Mike Frysinger)
> * Fix building with libtool-2 (Mike Frysinger)

Bump. Anyone?

Old 02-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> gpm 1.20.6-1 is in testing for both arches. please signoff.
>>
>> Changes: minor upstream update and added .install file to handle info file.
>>
>> Upstream Changelog:
>> Released: 9th of February 2009
>> Changes:
>> * Some cleanups (Mike Frysinger/Nico Schottelius)
>> * Pull in fcntl.h rather than unistd.h for open() (Mike Frysinger)
>> * Fix gcc warning "control reaches end of non-void function" (Mike Frysinger)
>> * Fix building with libtool-2 (Mike Frysinger)
>>

> Bump. Anyone?

Rebump. This as been in testing for 10 days now. Can I move it to core?

Old 02-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> gpm 1.20.6-1 is in testing for both arches. please signoff.
>>>
>>> Changes: minor upstream update and added .install file to handle info file.
>>>
>>> Upstream Changelog:
>>> Released: 9th of February 2009
>>> Changes:
>>> * Some cleanups (Mike Frysinger/Nico Schottelius)
>>> * Pull in fcntl.h rather than unistd.h for open() (Mike Frysinger)
>>> * Fix gcc warning "control reaches end of non-void function" (Mike Frysinger)
>>> * Fix building with libtool-2 (Mike Frysinger)
>>>

>> Bump. Anyone?
>>

> Rebump. This as been in testing for 10 days now. Can I move it to core?

Yeah - go ahead. Do you happen to know a good way of testing gpm, for
the future? I think links supports it if you're outside X, right?

Old 02-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Bump. Anyone?
>>>

>> Rebump. This as been in testing for 10 days now. Can I move it to core?
>
> Yeah - go ahead. Do you happen to know a good way of testing gpm, for
> the future? I think links supports it if you're outside X, right?

gpm provides mouse support outside of X so you don't even need links.
Just start the gpm daemon and you should be able to use your mouse
(for copy/paste) when using the console. You might need to configuring
it for your mouse to have it to work properly. I'm a bit suprised that
no other dev seem to be using it.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Rebump. This as been in testing for 10 days now. Can I move it to core?
>>
>> Yeah - go ahead. Do you happen to know a good way of testing gpm, for
>> the future? I think links supports it if you're outside X, right?
>>

> gpm provides mouse support outside of X so you don't even need links.
> Just start the gpm daemon and you should be able to use your mouse
> (for copy/paste) when using the console. You might need to configuring
> it for your mouse to have it to work properly. I'm a bit suprised that
> no other dev seem to be using it.

Huh, I never knew that!