Old 02-06-2009, 08:01 PM

Default what about "ed" now?

Hi,

I say keep it for standard compliance and the fact that it actually is
maintained.

However, I just wanna point out, the 'ex' binary of vim probably doubles the
functionality and it's also in core.

-T

Quoting Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de>:

I have made a change to the patch package that "ed" is now an optional
dependency. I've searched through our svn and all I've found is that no
other package depends on ed. I think "ed" is still a widely used *nix
editor and you would expect it to be there.

What do you think? Should we just keep in in

1) core(-devel),
2) move it to extra or even
3) drop it at all (means community could pick it up again).

I'm somewhat between 1) and 2). The package is still well maintained
upstream though releases happen only rarely.

Opinions?

-Andy