Old 12-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Damir Perisa

Default x264 depends / makedepends

Friday 28 December 2007, Damir Perisa wrote:
| Friday 28 December 2007, Paul Mattal wrote:
| | Damir Perisa wrote:
| | > what is the reason we have x264 in extra half a year outdated
| | > and the one up-to-date in testing?
| |
| | The new one hasn't been fully vetted yet, nor are we certain
| | all the packages which link to it have been rebuilt.
| |
| | The reason the older stable one is in extra is because it's the
| | older stable one which existing packages are built against.
|
| we should have a todo for this. finddeps gives me a quite short
| list:
|
| [damir@Apollon Arch]$ ./finddeps x264
| mplayer
| avidemux (this one i just "rebuilt" against old x264 to put it in
| [extra] instead of testing)
| ffmpeg
| gstreamer0.10-x264
| cinelerra-cvs
| cinelerra-cv
| libquicktime
|
| do i miss something?

[damir@Apollon Arch]$ ./finddeps-echodir x264
./extra/multimedia/mplayer (depends)
./extra/multimedia/avidemux (depends)
./extra/multimedia/ffmpeg (depends)
./extra/multimedia-plugins/gstreamer0.10-x264 (depends)
./community/multimedia/cinelerra-cvs (makedepends)
./community/multimedia/cinelerra-cv (depends)
./community/lib/libquicktime (depends)

here the locations of these pkgs, its basically 4 extra and 3
community pkgs.

- D

--
.`..`..`..`..`..`. .

><((((>

<)))><
<)))><

Old 01-03-2008, 10:41 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Dec 28, 2007 8:00 AM, Damir Perisa <damir.perisa@solnet.ch> wrote:
> [damir@Apollon Arch]$ ./finddeps-echodir x264
> ./extra/multimedia/mplayer (depends)
> ./extra/multimedia/avidemux (depends)
> ./extra/multimedia/ffmpeg (depends)
> ./extra/multimedia-plugins/gstreamer0.10-x264 (depends)
> ./community/multimedia/cinelerra-cvs (makedepends)
> ./community/multimedia/cinelerra-cv (depends)
> ./community/lib/libquicktime (depends)

Is this the same script that's up here?
http://projects.archlinux.org/git/?p=devtools.git;a=blob;f=finddeps

If not, this is a nice feature, would you want to submit a patch to
Jason, Dan, or I for that?

Old 01-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Paul Mattal

Aaron Griffin wrote:

./extra/multimedia-plugins/gstreamer0.10-x264 (depends)
./community/multimedia/cinelerra-cvs (makedepends)
./community/multimedia/cinelerra-cv (depends)
./community/lib/libquicktime (depends)

Is this the same script that's up here?
http://projects.archlinux.org/git/?p=devtools.git;a=blob;f=finddeps

If not, this is a nice feature, would you want to submit a patch to
Jason, Dan, or I for that?

And can finddeps be added to the standard devtools package? I don't
seem to have it in devtools 0.4-1, and was only vaguely anecdotally
aware it existed, but it seems very useful.

- P

Old 01-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Damir Perisa

Friday 04 January 2008, Paul Mattal wrote:
| And can finddeps be added to the standard devtools package? I
| don't seem to have it in devtools 0.4-1, and was only vaguely
| anecdotally aware it existed, but it seems very useful.

so was i up until some time ago.. hihi... i had my own that was more
messy and slower (but with more output, thats why i changed this one
when i took it to replace mine)

definitely +1 to add it to the devtools pkg

- D

--
.`..`..`..`..`..`. .

><((((>

<)))><
<)))><

Old 01-04-2008, 06:27 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Jan 4, 2008 11:08 AM, Damir Perisa <damir.perisa@solnet.ch> wrote:
> Friday 04 January 2008, Paul Mattal wrote:
> | And can finddeps be added to the standard devtools package? I
> | don't seem to have it in devtools 0.4-1, and was only vaguely
> | anecdotally aware it existed, but it seems very useful.
>
> so was i up until some time ago.. hihi... i had my own that was more
> messy and slower (but with more output, thats why i changed this one
> when i took it to replace mine)
>
> definitely +1 to add it to the devtools pkg

For the record, it's in devtools.git, but I don't think Jason made a
new release yet.

These scripts used to be in CVS at some point, but it makes much more
sense to shove things like this into devtools so we have no excuse not
to use them (I never knew where they were before... cvs-arch/scripts/
or something).

I'll probably wait for Travis' and Tom's patches, and then prod Jason
into making a new release (I can always do it, if you want me to)