Old 12-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Damir Perisa

Default x264 testing?

what is the reason we have x264 in extra half a year outdated and the
one up-to-date in testing?

http://www.archlinux.org/packages/search/?q=x264

thanx for info,

Damir

--
.`..`..`..`..`..`. .

><((((>

<)))><
<)))><

Old 12-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Paul Mattal

Damir Perisa wrote:
what is the reason we have x264 in extra half a year outdated and the
one up-to-date in testing?

The new one hasn't been fully vetted yet, nor are we certain all the
packages which link to it have been rebuilt.

The reason the older stable one is in extra is because it's the
older stable one which existing packages are built against.

- P

Old 12-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Damir Perisa

Friday 28 December 2007, Paul Mattal wrote:
| Damir Perisa wrote:
| > what is the reason we have x264 in extra half a year outdated
| > and the one up-to-date in testing?
|
| The new one hasn't been fully vetted yet, nor are we certain all
| the packages which link to it have been rebuilt.
|
| The reason the older stable one is in extra is because it's the
| older stable one which existing packages are built against.

we should have a todo for this. finddeps gives me a quite short list:

[damir@Apollon Arch]$ ./finddeps x264
mplayer
avidemux (this one i just "rebuilt" against old x264 to put it in
[extra] instead of testing)
ffmpeg
gstreamer0.10-x264
cinelerra-cvs
cinelerra-cv
libquicktime

do i miss something?

/me is at work (civil work at museum, instead of military) now, but i
will untill the end of next week for sure set up the tts (testing
tracking system) or at least the mess i have already and let you all
use it. maybe even i'm allowed to put it on gerolde (its php).

- D

--

><((((>

<)))><