-   -   lvm2 2.02.44-1 & device-mapper 1.02.30-1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/238947-lvm2-2-02-44-1-device-mapper-1-02-30-1-a.html)

Tom K 02-02-2009 11:21 PM

lvm2 2.02.44-1 & device-mapper 1.02.30-1

Eric Bélanger wrote:

Hi,

Updated packages for lvm2 and device-mapper are now in testing. The changes are:

* lvm2 2.02.44-1
* Upstream update
* Added bash depends

* device-mapper 1.02.30-1
* Upstream update
* Added readline depends
* Added pkgconfig file

Please signoff. Two signoff for i686 would be nice has I don't use
lvm2 on my i686 system so I could only do some simple sanity tests.
As very few devs uses this, signoffs from users would be appreciated.

Eric

All good here - signoff x86_64.

Tom.

Eric Bélanger 02-07-2009 02:47 PM

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 3:39 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Eric Bélanger schrieb:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Updated packages for lvm2 and device-mapper are now in testing. The
>> changes are:
>>
>> * lvm2 2.02.44-1
>> * Upstream update
>> * Added bash depends
>>
>> * device-mapper 1.02.30-1
>> * Upstream update
>> * Added readline depends
>> * Added pkgconfig file
>>
>> Please signoff. Two signoff for i686 would be nice has I don't use
>> lvm2 on my i686 system so I could only do some simple sanity tests.
>> As very few devs uses this, signoffs from users would be appreciated.
>>
>> Eric
>>

> Also all fine here, x86_64.
>
> Can any of you devs with i686 machines please install a LVM system? :)

Actually, I just setup LVM on my i686 system so at least I'll be able
to really test it before putting it in testing. I did that with the
lvm in testing so it got a pretty good test. Even if it still needs a
i686 signoff, I'll move it to core on Sunday night if there is no
reported problems or objections.

BTW, the lvm in testing fixes:
FS#11611 - 'mknod: File exists - /dev/mapper/control' When using
encrypt+lvm setup

Eric Bélanger 02-10-2009 12:44 AM

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 3:39 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Eric Bélanger schrieb:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Updated packages for lvm2 and device-mapper are now in testing. The
>>> changes are:
>>>
>>> * lvm2 2.02.44-1
>>> * Upstream update
>>> * Added bash depends
>>>
>>> * device-mapper 1.02.30-1
>>> * Upstream update
>>> * Added readline depends
>>> * Added pkgconfig file
>>>
>>> Please signoff. Two signoff for i686 would be nice has I don't use
>>> lvm2 on my i686 system so I could only do some simple sanity tests.
>>> As very few devs uses this, signoffs from users would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Eric
>>>

>> Also all fine here, x86_64.
>>
>> Can any of you devs with i686 machines please install a LVM system? :)
>>

> Actually, I just setup LVM on my i686 system so at least I'll be able
> to really test it before putting it in testing. I did that with the
> lvm in testing so it got a pretty good test. Even if it still needs a
> i686 signoff, I'll move it to core on Sunday night if there is no
> reported problems or objections.
>
> BTW, the lvm in testing fixes:
> FS#11611 - 'mknod: File exists - /dev/mapper/control' When using
> encrypt+lvm setup

FYI, lvm2 and device-mapper have been moved to core.