FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Andrea Scarpino
 
Default marked out-of-date

On Sunday 11 April 2010 15:05:01 Thomas Bchler wrote:
> Okay Allan, that info is rather useless:
> - The ACL "homepage" is a useless page about XFS
> - The source URL is the Arch ftp
> - The old source URL doesn't even contain the source of our current version
>
> So tell me, where do you find ANY source or information on this package?
maybe from debian package page? they are using 2.2.49

--
Andrea | deelab.org/bash
 
Old 04-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Allan McRae
 
Default marked out-of-date

On 11/04/10 23:05, Thomas Bchler wrote:

Am 11.04.2010 14:49, schrieb Arch Website Notification:


* Note: this is an automated message

allan@archlinux.org wants to notify you that the following package may be out
of date:

Package Name: acl
Architecture: i686
Repository: Core
(http://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/i686/acl/)


The user provided the following additional text:

Looks like 2.2.49 is the latest.




Okay Allan, that info is rather useless:
- The ACL "homepage" is a useless page about XFS
- The source URL is the Arch ftp
- The old source URL doesn't even contain the source of our current version

So tell me, where do you find ANY source or information on this package?




Hi,

We were just looking at this package for Arch Hurd and noticed that
Debian and Fedora use that version which has a nice build fix for Hurd...


Here are some better urls for homepage/source:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/acl
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases-noredirect/acl/

Allan
 
Old 06-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Andrea Scarpino
 
Default marked out-of-date

On Thursday 10 June 2010 16:18:06 Arch Website Notification wrote:
> FireHol is badly outdated, probably because the upstream devs quit
> releasing tarballs and use only CVS now. Firehol is now at version 1.293
> (vs 1.273). get-iana.sh script was updated 2 days ago, because IANA file
> format changed, so the version this package provides won't work at
> all. I'm using the latest CVS and it's very stable. In my opinion
> the PKGBUILD should be updated to use the latest CVS version.
Build Date: 2008-10-30 21:10:48 UTC

Can I move it to AUR?

--
Andrea Scarpino - andreascarpino.it
KDE Maintainer in Arch Linux
 
Old 06-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Ionuț Bîru
 
Default marked out-of-date

On 06/10/2010 05:50 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:

On Thursday 10 June 2010 16:18:06 Arch Website Notification wrote:

FireHol is badly outdated, probably because the upstream devs quit
releasing tarballs and use only CVS now. Firehol is now at version 1.293
(vs 1.273). get-iana.sh script was updated 2 days ago, because IANA file
format changed, so the version this package provides won't work at
all. I'm using the latest CVS and it's very stable. In my opinion
the PKGBUILD should be updated to use the latest CVS version.

Build Date: 2008-10-30 21:10:48 UTC

Can I move it to AUR?



+1

--
Ionuț
 
Old 06-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Thorsten Töpper
 
Default marked out-of-date

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:55:05 +0300
Ionuț Bîru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/10/2010 05:50 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> > On Thursday 10 June 2010 16:18:06 Arch Website Notification wrote:
> >> FireHol is badly outdated, probably because the upstream devs quit
> >> releasing tarballs and use only CVS now. Firehol is now at version
> >> 1.293 (vs 1.273). get-iana.sh script was updated 2 days ago,
> >> because IANA file format changed, so the version this package
> >> provides won't work at all. I'm using the latest CVS and
> >> it's very stable. In my opinion the PKGBUILD should be updated
> >> to use the latest CVS version.
> > Build Date: 2008-10-30 21:10:48 UTC
> >
> > Can I move it to AUR?
> >
>
> +1
>
I also agree.
--
Jabber: atsutane@freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4 FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4
 
Old 06-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Angel Velásquez
 
Default marked out-of-date

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Thorsten Töpper
<atsutane@freethoughts.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:55:05 +0300
> Ionuț Bîru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 06/10/2010 05:50 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
>> > On Thursday 10 June 2010 16:18:06 Arch Website Notification wrote:
>> >> FireHol is badly outdated, probably because the upstream devs quit
>> >> releasing tarballs and use only CVS now. Firehol is now at version
>> >> 1.293 (vs 1.273). get-iana.sh script was updated 2 days ago,
>> >> because IANA file format changed, so the version this package
>> >> provides won't work at all. I'm using the latest CVS and
>> >> it's very stable. In my opinion the PKGBUILD should be updated
>> >> to use the latest CVS version.
>> > Build Date: 2008-10-30 21:10:48 UTC
>> >
>> > Can I move it to AUR?
>> >
>>
>> +1
>>
> I also agree.
> --

+3


--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net
Arch Linux Trusted User
Linux Counter: #359909
http://www.angvp.com
 
Old 06-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Andrea Scarpino
 
Default marked out-of-date

On Thursday 10 June 2010 17:00:56 Thorsten Töpper wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:55:05 +0300
>
> Ionuț Bîru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
> > +1
>
> I also agree.
Done

--
Andrea Scarpino - andreascarpino.it
KDE Maintainer in Arch Linux
 
Old 06-10-2010, 03:28 PM
xandry
 
Default marked out-of-date

+1

Ionuț Bîru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> писал(а) в своём письме Thu, 10 Jun 2010
20:55:05 +0600:



On 06/10/2010 05:50 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:

On Thursday 10 June 2010 16:18:06 Arch Website Notification wrote:

<вырезано>

Build Date: 2008-10-30 21:10:48 UTC

Can I move it to AUR?



+1
 
Old 09-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Ray Rashif
 
Default marked out-of-date

Hi guys

I'm forwarding this here just for the record, in case anyone else gets
questioned about this:


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ray Rashif <schiv@archlinux.org>
Date: 23 September 2010 03:53
Subject: Re: Extra package [jack] marked out-of-date
To: rio@eta-ori.net


> rio@eta-ori.net wants to notify you that the following package may be out of date:
>
> * *Package Name: jack
> * *Architecture: x86_64
> * *Repository: * Extra
> * *(http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/jack/)
>
>
> The user provided the following additional text:
>
> Jack switched to JACK2 series which is currently stable in version 1.9.5 according to http://jackaudio.org/node/29 or even in version 1.9.6 according to http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp.html
>
> There already is a PKGBUILD for JACK 1.9.6 in the AUR at http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22488


Hi

JACK2 is not going to replace JACK1 anytime soon.

There has been at least one discussion regarding this on the Linux
Audio User and/or Developer mailing lists, where Paul Davis, one of
the primary developers/contributors, discourage distributions to make
this transition (eyes were on those that actually did it). I do not
recall the topic URI to cite, but anyone curious can get in touch with
upstream to verify.

Both branches have functioning APIs - the JACK1 API is tried and
tested. JACK2 is an improvement and an alternative for SMP machines,
but not a replacement.

However, thanks for the nudge. I have been wanting to add a "jack2" to
the repos but never got to it. Expect it in [community].

Regards
 
Old 09-27-2010, 06:46 AM
Ray Rashif
 
Default marked out-of-date

Hi all

Forwarding to the AUR list because it seems my reply did not reach the
user (Christoph Pegel aka "rio"); jack was marked out-of-date again.
Please read below and don't do this for a third time.


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ray Rashif <schiv@archlinux.org>
Date: 23 September 2010 03:53
Subject: Re: Extra package [jack] marked out-of-date
To: rio@eta-ori.net


Hi

JACK2 is not going to replace JACK1 anytime soon.

There has been at least one discussion regarding this on the Linux
Audio User and/or Developer mailing lists, where Paul Davis, one of
the primary developers/contributors, discourage distributions to make
this transition (eyes were on those that actually did it). I do not
recall the topic URI to cite, but anyone curious can get in touch with
upstream to verify.

Both branches have functioning APIs - the JACK1 API is tried and
tested. JACK2 is an improvement and an alternative for SMP machines,
but not a replacement.

However, thanks for the nudge. I have been wanting to add a "jack2" to
the repos but never got to it. Expect it in [community].

Regards


On 23 September 2010 02:04, Arch Website Notification
<nobody@archlinux.org> wrote:
> * Note: this is an automated message
>
> rio@eta-ori.net wants to notify you that the following package may be out of date:
>
> * *Package Name: jack
> * *Architecture: x86_64
> * *Repository: * Extra
> * *(http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/jack/)
>
>
> The user provided the following additional text:
>
> Jack switched to JACK2 series which is currently stable in version 1.9.5 according to http://jackaudio.org/node/29 or even in version 1.9.6 according to http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp.html
>
> There already is a PKGBUILD for JACK 1.9.6 in the AUR at http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22488
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:50 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org