Old 01-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Thomas Bächler

Default /usr/share/info/dir?

I don't know what this file is, but source-highlight contains
/usr/share/info/dir, which existed in my filesystem but didn't belong to
any package. Looks wrong to me ...

Old 01-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Ronald van Haren

On 1/25/09, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> I don't know what this file is, but source-highlight contains
> /usr/share/info/dir, which existed in my filesystem but didn't belong to
> any package. Looks wrong to me ...

you have to remove the file. Info files should be handled with an
.install file. You can get an example in the ABS package [1]

Ronald

[1] /usr/share/pacman/proto-info.install

Old 01-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Allan McRae

Ronald van Haren wrote:

On 1/25/09, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:

I don't know what this file is, but source-highlight contains
/usr/share/info/dir, which existed in my filesystem but didn't belong to
any package. Looks wrong to me ...

you have to remove the file. Info files should be handled with an
.install file. You can get an example in the ABS package [1]

Ronald

[1] /usr/share/pacman/proto-info.install

Run "info" and you will see an index of information in info files on
your system (provided they were added in post_install). That file
stores all the index information.

Allan

Allan

Old 01-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Thomas Bächler

Ronald van Haren schrieb:

On 1/25/09, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:

I don't know what this file is, but source-highlight contains
/usr/share/info/dir, which existed in my filesystem but didn't belong to
any package. Looks wrong to me ...

you have to remove the file. Info files should be handled with an
.install file. You can get an example in the ABS package [1]

Ronald

[1] /usr/share/pacman/proto-info.install

Not my package, I just noticed it during an update.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Xavier

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> I don't know what this file is, but source-highlight contains
> /usr/share/info/dir, which existed in my filesystem but didn't belong to any
> package. Looks wrong to me ...

It's wrong, I reported it nearly one week ago
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12856

Old 01-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Dan McGee

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Xavier <shiningxc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> I don't know what this file is, but source-highlight contains
>> /usr/share/info/dir, which existed in my filesystem but didn't belong to any
>> package. Looks wrong to me ...
>>

> It's wrong, I reported it nearly one week ago
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12856

If anyone wants to fix this, I'd say go for it- it is getting real
annoying to --ignore source-highlight on every -Syu. Our maintainer
isn't around right now it seems.

-Dan