Old 01-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Aaron Griffin

Default Core freeze soon

Hello all,
I'd appretiate it if we could get all testing packages that need to go
to core in core as soon as we can.

I am upload the "beta2" ISOs right now with some bug fixes, but think
this may fix things and allow us to fully release. On the day we build
the release ISOs, I'd like to have core in a nice state.

Cheers,
Aaron

Old 01-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Andreas Radke

Am Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:04:11 -0600
schrieb Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com>:

> Hello all,
> I'd appretiate it if we could get all testing packages that need to go
> to core in core as soon as we can.
>
> I am upload the "beta2" ISOs right now with some bug fixes, but think
> this may fix things and allow us to fully release. On the day we build
> the release ISOs, I'd like to have core in a nice state.
>
> Cheers,
> Aaron

state? should we keep holding back updates in testing?

-Andy

Old 01-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> Am Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:04:11 -0600
> schrieb Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello all,
>> I'd appretiate it if we could get all testing packages that need to go
>> to core in core as soon as we can.
>>
>> I am upload the "beta2" ISOs right now with some bug fixes, but think
>> this may fix things and allow us to fully release. On the day we build
>> the release ISOs, I'd like to have core in a nice state.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Aaron
>>

> state? should we keep holding back updates in testing?

Ugh... I dunno. We ran into a few larger issues and fixed them. I
think we're ok now and we can build a final release. What updates do
you have pending?

Old 01-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Dienstag 27 Januar 2009 19:36:03 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> What updates do
> you have pending?

gcc needs to be moved because the kernel which was built with it is already in
core.

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de

Old 01-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag 27 Januar 2009 19:36:03 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
>> What updates do
>> you have pending?
>
> gcc needs to be moved because the kernel which was built with it is already in
> core.

That seems fine, it should not impact installation mediums at all.