Old 01-23-2009, 04:23 PM
James Laska

Default pykickstart -- looking for unit test volunteers

Greetings folks,

Chris Lumens, maintainer of pykickstart [1], is looking to expand the
unit tests for the pykickstart package. For those who aren't familiar,
pykickstart is used to read and write kickstart files by the anaconda
installer, system-config-kickstart, livecd-tools, and snake. Anytime a
pykickstart change is made, it can potentially disrupt kickstart
processing for all of the supported distros (from RHEL3 to rawhide) or
dependent tools.

In order to improve confidence in any code changes, we began building
unit tests into pykickstart [2]. So far, the tests are proving
worthwhile in shaking out several bugs. However, only 2 of 47 kickstart
commands have unit test coverage.

We could use some help

I invite folks to come join us in #kickstart where we'll be hosting a
unit test development session.

WHO: Anyone who ...
* is interested in improving their python skills
* wants to share their favorite kickstart files
* has ideas on how to unit test
WHEN: Wednesday, January 28, 2009
from 17:00-21:00 UTC (noon - 5pm EST)
WHERE: irc://irc.freenode.net/kickstart
WHY: Improving pykickstart makes installing Fedora more
reliable ... and why do it alone when writing tests
with friends is more fun!

Hope to see you there!

Thanks,
James