Old 01-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Daniel Isenmann

Default Preparing new mono release

Hi,

just a small note to the list. I'm preparing the update for the next
mono release. I will do the necessary rebuilds (if there are any) of
the affected packages.

I don't think, that I will update it today/tonight, but it should be in
the repo the next two or three days.

See this mail just as a small information...

Bye,
Daniel

Old 01-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Jan de Groot

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 19:15 +0100, Daniel Isenmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just a small note to the list. I'm preparing the update for the next
> mono release. I will do the necessary rebuilds (if there are any) of
> the affected packages.
>
> I don't think, that I will update it today/tonight, but it should be in
> the repo the next two or three days.
>
> See this mail just as a small information...
>
> Bye,
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

The whole intention of .Net is that compiled code can run on every .Net
platform. Unless the old version compiled something in a bad way, you
shouldn't need to recompile anything for a mono update, as the runtimes
are binary compatible.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Daniel Isenmann

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:21:46 +0100
Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 19:15 +0100, Daniel Isenmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > just a small note to the list. I'm preparing the update for the next
> > mono release. I will do the necessary rebuilds (if there are any) of
> > the affected packages.
> >
> > I don't think, that I will update it today/tonight, but it should
> > be in the repo the next two or three days.
> >
> > See this mail just as a small information...
> >
> > Bye,
> > Daniel
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> The whole intention of .Net is that compiled code can run on
> every .Net platform. Unless the old version compiled something in a
> bad way, you shouldn't need to recompile anything for a mono update,
> as the runtimes are binary compatible.

That was what I mean with "(if there are any)"...

Daniel

Old 01-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Daniel Isenmann

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 20:20:53 +0100
Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:21:46 +0100
> Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 19:15 +0100, Daniel Isenmann wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > just a small note to the list. I'm preparing the update for the
> > > next mono release. I will do the necessary rebuilds (if there are
> > > any) of the affected packages.
> > >
> > > I don't think, that I will update it today/tonight, but it should
> > > be in the repo the next two or three days.
> > >
> > > See this mail just as a small information...
> > >
> > > Bye,
> > > Daniel
> >
> > Hi Daniel,
> >
> > The whole intention of .Net is that compiled code can run on
> > every .Net platform. Unless the old version compiled something in a
> > bad way, you shouldn't need to recompile anything for a mono update,
> > as the runtimes are binary compatible.
>
> That was what I mean with "(if there are any)"...
>
> Daniel

Mono hits the repo and all tested application runs without problems. So
no rebuild (as expected) was required.

Daniel