Old 01-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Alberto Gonzalez

Default phonon: gstreamer support will be dropped

On Friday 23 January 2009, Paulo Matias wrote:
> The last time I checked, sound didn't work with the Xine backend when
> using OSS - http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/OSS#KDE_Phonon
>
> Later I will check if this problem still persists and see if there is
> a solution for making it to work with the Xine backend.
>
> Does someone already has a solution or knows if it is working now?

I cannot confirm this bug still exists, since I don't use OSS, but I still
fail to see the advantage of building phonon with the option:

-DWITH_GStreamer=OFF

Does it help anyone? Because if it creates problems for some users and doesn't
solve any problem for anyone, it looks to me like a net loss (and not that
I'm asking to change an upstream default, rather just to respect it).

Regards,
Alberto.