FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-21-2007, 06:06 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default missing x86_64 packages

On Dec 21, 2007 12:38 PM, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com> wrote:
> notice: Missing gcc-gcj-4.2.1-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
> notice: Missing deskbar-applet-2.20.1-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
> notice: Missing mplayer-plugin-3.50-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
> notice: Missing scim-pinyin-0.5.91-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site

We *are* a collective here. And it is a busy time of the year. I'm
sure anyone can build these.

If you want access to my build machine, send me a private email so I
can give you credentials.

That said, there's also these packages:
http://dev.archlinux.org/~andyrtr/pkg_diff.html

If not, I guess I will have to build them. sigh
 
Old 12-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Alexander Baldeck
 
Default missing x86_64 packages

Do not build them. deskbar, gcc-gcj and mplayer-plugin are not supposed to
be updated to TESTING or TESTING-64 respectively which are the latest
versions yet, until openoffice-base has been rebuilt w/o it's xulrunner
based plugin in /opt.

Cheers,

-G



On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:06:22 -0600, "Aaron Griffin"
<aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 21, 2007 12:38 PM, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com> wrote:
>> notice: Missing gcc-gcj-4.2.1-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
>> notice: Missing deskbar-applet-2.20.1-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
>> notice: Missing mplayer-plugin-3.50-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
>> notice: Missing scim-pinyin-0.5.91-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
>
> We *are* a collective here. And it is a busy time of the year. I'm
> sure anyone can build these.
>
> If you want access to my build machine, send me a private email so I
> can give you credentials.
>
> That said, there's also these packages:
> http://dev.archlinux.org/~andyrtr/pkg_diff.html
>
> If not, I guess I will have to build them. sigh
 
Old 12-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Jan de Groot
 
Default missing x86_64 packages

On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 00:08 +0530, Varun Acharya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please upload the following,
>
> notice: Missing gcc-gcj-4.2.1-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site

OK, Who downgraded this? The version in extra is 4.2.2-1, not 4.2.1-4.

> notice: Missing deskbar-applet-2.20.1-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
> notice: Missing mplayer-plugin-3.50-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
> notice: Missing scim-pinyin-0.5.91-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
 
Old 12-21-2007, 09:34 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default missing x86_64 packages

On Dec 21, 2007 3:24 PM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 00:08 +0530, Varun Acharya wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please upload the following,
> >
> > notice: Missing gcc-gcj-4.2.1-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
>
> OK, Who downgraded this? The version in extra is 4.2.2-1, not 4.2.1-4.

Hmmm, CVS doesn't keep track of tag changes, so I have no idea. Moving
the tag back should be easy enough though
 
Old 12-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Alexander Baldeck
 
Default missing x86_64 packages

Aaron Griffin wrote:

On Dec 21, 2007 3:24 PM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:

On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 00:08 +0530, Varun Acharya wrote:

Hi,

Please upload the following,

notice: Missing gcc-gcj-4.2.1-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site

OK, Who downgraded this? The version in extra is 4.2.2-1, not 4.2.1-4.


Hmmm, CVS doesn't keep track of tag changes, so I have no idea. Moving
the tag back should be easy enough though


Long fixed.
 
Old 12-21-2007, 11:53 PM
"Varun Acharya"
 
Default missing x86_64 packages

On Dec 22, 2007 12:36 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:

On Dec 21, 2007 12:38 PM, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com> wrote:
> notice: Missing gcc-gcj-4.2.1-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
> notice: Missing
deskbar-applet-2.20.1-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
> notice: Missing mplayer-plugin-3.50-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site
> notice: Missing scim-pinyin-0.5.91-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz in ftp site

We *are* a collective here. And it is a busy time of the year. I'm

sure anyone can build these.

If you want access to my build machine, send me a private email so I
can give you credentials.

That said, there's also these packages:

http://dev.archlinux.org/~andyrtr/pkg_diff.html

If not, I guess I will have to build them. sigh

Yes, I know were a collective, and I know we share the workload. That's why I haven't taken on more packages myself, so that I can keep the reds in that difflist down. Me and Eric build for community too by the way.


The reason why I asked about the missing packages is not to point fingers, or not to pass the workload to someone else, but to know if there's a reason for their absence in the ftp site. Thanks Jan and Alex for clearing this up


Varun

P.S - We really need to push more TU's to use your build machine. I fantasize someday where all TU's use your build machine.. and I don't have to update a 100 MB texlive-fonts package I know nothing about. Perhaps a front page news item saying such a build machine exists?
 
Old 12-22-2007, 12:04 AM
"Dan McGee"
 
Default missing x86_64 packages

On Dec 21, 2007 6:53 PM, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com> wrote:
> P.S - We really need to push more TU's to use your build machine. I
> fantasize someday where all TU's use your build machine.. and I don't have
> to update a 100 MB texlive-fonts package I know nothing about. Perhaps a
> front page news item saying such a build machine exists?

I think that would be a disaster for him...

-Dan
 
Old 12-23-2007, 06:59 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default missing x86_64 packages

On Dec 21, 2007 7:04 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 21, 2007 6:53 PM, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com> wrote:
> > P.S - We really need to push more TU's to use your build machine. I
> > fantasize someday where all TU's use your build machine.. and I don't have
> > to update a 100 MB texlive-fonts package I know nothing about. Perhaps a
> > front page news item saying such a build machine exists?
>
> I think that would be a disaster for him...

I posted info to the tur-users (aur-general) list. Only two TUs have
asked for accounts, and even then, one of them never complained when
the URL changed.

PS, the url changed from phrakture.ath.cx -> home.phraktured.net
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:53 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org