Old 12-21-2007, 03:40 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

Default bash 3.2.0330-1 and filesystem 2007.11-4

On Dec 21, 2007 1:44 AM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> You still haven't looked at the issue with /usr/man/man* getting replaced by a symlink, which is not possible on a system where manpages are already installed.

But that can be covered at a later date. The actual "support" for this
is simply unsetting MANPATH. If a package installs man pages to
/usr/man/man1 it will still be looked up just fine.

The makepkg 3.1 will no longer move man pages to /usr/man, so I don't
think we should do any moving until that is out the door.

Could you explain to me how the symlink will help? It seems like, to
me, we're just going to confuse the crap out of pacman when it tries
to install/upgrade. With the current implementation, man pages will
work regardless of where they are.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:31 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Dec 21, 2007 3:22 PM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> One thing wrong with this package though: you built it with a broken
> makepkg, the manpage directories are all moved back to /usr/man :P

Hahah, I didn't even think about that! That's hilarious.

I assumed it moved raw pages, not the whole dir tree.

/me sighs