Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   ArchLinux Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/)
-   -   Perl pathing issues (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/19078-perl-pathing-issues.html)

"Aaron Griffin" 12-13-2007 07:09 PM

Perl pathing issues
 
I first noticed this with urxvt. It can't seem to find utf8.pm.

This file exists in /usr/share/perl5/core_perl which does not appear
to be in the @INC path, whereas the /usr/lib/ counterpart does.

The weird part is that $ perl -e "print @INC;' actually has the
/usr/share path in there (without spacing, of course).

Has anyone tracked this down? I'm not sure where to go with this, but
it breaks URL matching in urxvt

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public

Tom K 12-14-2007 07:04 AM

Perl pathing issues
 
Aaron Griffin wrote:
> I first noticed this with urxvt. It can't seem to find utf8.pm.
>
> This file exists in /usr/share/perl5/core_perl which does not appear
> to be in the @INC path, whereas the /usr/lib/ counterpart does.
>
> The weird part is that $ perl -e "print @INC;' actually has the
> /usr/share path in there (without spacing, of course).
>
> Has anyone tracked this down? I'm not sure where to go with this, but
> it breaks URL matching in urxvt

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8915

urxvt rebuild fixed it for me, after kpiche pointed out that I had
reported the wrong problem... :)

"Aaron Griffin" 12-14-2007 03:58 PM

Perl pathing issues
 
On Dec 14, 2007 2:04 AM, Tom K <tom@archlinux.org> wrote:
>
> Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > I first noticed this with urxvt. It can't seem to find utf8.pm.
> >
> > This file exists in /usr/share/perl5/core_perl which does not appear
> > to be in the @INC path, whereas the /usr/lib/ counterpart does.
> >
> > The weird part is that $ perl -e "print @INC;' actually has the
> > /usr/share path in there (without spacing, of course).
> >
> > Has anyone tracked this down? I'm not sure where to go with this, but
> > it breaks URL matching in urxvt
>
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8915
>
> urxvt rebuild fixed it for me, after kpiche pointed out that I had
> reported the wrong problem... :)

Aha! I didn't know urxvt actually embeds perl. Now it all makes sense!

"Dan McGee" 12-14-2007 06:23 PM

Perl pathing issues
 
On Dec 14, 2007 10:58 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Dec 14, 2007 2:04 AM, Tom K <tom@archlinux.org> wrote:
> >
> > Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > > I first noticed this with urxvt. It can't seem to find utf8.pm.
> > >
> > > This file exists in /usr/share/perl5/core_perl which does not appear
> > > to be in the @INC path, whereas the /usr/lib/ counterpart does.
> > >
> > > The weird part is that $ perl -e "print @INC;' actually has the
> > > /usr/share path in there (without spacing, of course).
> > >
> > > Has anyone tracked this down? I'm not sure where to go with this, but
> > > it breaks URL matching in urxvt
> >
> > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8915
> >
> > urxvt rebuild fixed it for me, after kpiche pointed out that I had
> > reported the wrong problem... :)
>
> Aha! I didn't know urxvt actually embeds perl. Now it all makes sense!

There is a bug dealing with IRSSI on this, can anyone try a rebuild
for me and see if that fixes it? I currently can't build packages...
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8911

-Dan

"Aaron Griffin" 12-14-2007 06:26 PM

Perl pathing issues
 
On Dec 14, 2007 1:23 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a bug dealing with IRSSI on this, can anyone try a rebuild
> for me and see if that fixes it? I currently can't build packages...
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8911

Good catch. Jeff, is weechat also affected? Do we know of any other
apps that embed perl? vim, at least, does.

Tom K 12-14-2007 07:55 PM

Perl pathing issues
 
Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2007 1:23 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is a bug dealing with IRSSI on this, can anyone try a rebuild
>> for me and see if that fixes it? I currently can't build packages...
>> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8911
>
> Good catch. Jeff, is weechat also affected? Do we know of any other
> apps that embed perl? vim, at least, does.
>
>

subversion, mod_perl also, afaik

Tobias Kieslich 12-14-2007 08:30 PM

Perl pathing issues
 
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> On Dec 14, 2007 1:23 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> > There is a bug dealing with IRSSI on this, can anyone try a rebuild
> > for me and see if that fixes it? I currently can't build packages...
> > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8911
>
> Good catch. Jeff, is weechat also affected? Do we know of any other
> apps that embed perl? vim, at least, does.

Hold on for a sec here, does that mean:
1. I have to rebuildd urvxt for testing?
2. vim does not need perl as a runtime dep?
3. neither does it need python?

-T

"Aaron Griffin" 12-14-2007 08:35 PM

Perl pathing issues
 
On Dec 14, 2007 3:30 PM, Tobias Kieslich <tobias@justdreams.de> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>
> > On Dec 14, 2007 1:23 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > There is a bug dealing with IRSSI on this, can anyone try a rebuild
> > > for me and see if that fixes it? I currently can't build packages...
> > > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8911
> >
> > Good catch. Jeff, is weechat also affected? Do we know of any other
> > apps that embed perl? vim, at least, does.
>
> Hold on for a sec here, does that mean:
> 1. I have to rebuildd urvxt for testing?
> 2. vim does not need perl as a runtime dep?
> 3. neither does it need python?

1. yes
2. and 3. I'm mistaken. This is _not_ the case. Vim loads them at runtime.

Tom K 12-14-2007 08:36 PM

Perl pathing issues
 
Tobias Kieslich wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>
>> On Dec 14, 2007 1:23 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> There is a bug dealing with IRSSI on this, can anyone try a rebuild
>>> for me and see if that fixes it? I currently can't build packages...
>>> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8911
>> Good catch. Jeff, is weechat also affected? Do we know of any other
>> apps that embed perl? vim, at least, does.
>
> Hold on for a sec here, does that mean:
> 1. I have to rebuildd urvxt for testing?

Kevin's already done urxvt - it's 8.7-2, in testing now.

"Jeff Mickey" 12-14-2007 08:55 PM

Perl pathing issues
 
On Dec 14, 2007 2:26 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good catch. Jeff, is weechat also affected? Do we know of any other
> apps that embed perl? vim, at least, does.

Weechat is fine on my system here. I'm pretty sure it loads perl
plugins at runtime.

// jeff
--
. : [ + carpe diem totus tuus + ] : .


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:03 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.