Old 12-13-2007, 11:55 AM
"Travis Willard"

Default Oddness at mirrors

Can somebody with better knowledge of the pacman DBs take a look at
this please?

I've looked at the mirrors - all the ones he says are broken have a
patch dir in the core.db.tar.gz file - I'm not sure what else to look
for here.

--
Travis

Old 12-13-2007, 04:11 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Dec 13, 2007 6:55 AM, Travis Willard <travis@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Can somebody with better knowledge of the pacman DBs take a look at
> this please?
>
> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=40975
>
> I've looked at the mirrors - all the ones he says are broken have a
> patch dir in the core.db.tar.gz file - I'm not sure what else to look
> for here.

I took a glance, and I see nothing wrong there. Pacman doesn't do
anything fancy besides extracting the DB files.
Seems like an odd edge case, possibly user error.

I say forget about it, it's resolved. If we get another report, we can
look into it more, unless, Dan, you think this is a potential pacman
issue, but I don't see how it could break on DB extraction

Old 12-13-2007, 04:13 PM
eliott

On 12/13/07, Travis Willard <travis@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Can somebody with better knowledge of the pacman DBs take a look at
> this please?
>
> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=40975
>
> I've looked at the mirrors - all the ones he says are broken have a
> patch dir in the core.db.tar.gz file - I'm not sure what else to look
> for here.

I didn't see any problems with the unixheads mirror. The .db.tar.gz
has patch in it, and the patch package downloads fine manually.
*shrug*

nethat appears to be non-working anymore (requires password), but it
may be temporary. Some mirrors do that when they are adding drives or
some such (to reduce io load during a raid mirror). If it still fails
in a day or two (requires password), then we should probably remove it
as a mirror.