Old 12-13-2007, 04:22 AM
Jason Chu

Default Somthing went horribly wrong

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 10:33:56PM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2007 10:03 PM, Alexander Baldeck <kth5@archlinuxppc.org> wrote:
> > Just reuploaded shadow 4.0.18.2-2 as it didn't exist as a file for
> > x86_64 and ran /arch/db-core64. See for youself:
>
> Interesting. The db file seems fine (if you didn't know - vim can open
> tarballs and give you a dir list - quick way to check and scan some
> entries) at a casual glance.
>
> Perhaps the DB file was corrupted BEFORE you ran this, and your run
> corrected it?

Are you sure it's the db file? I would have pointed at the thing that
tells updatesync-many that packages are ready to be updated: cvs and tags.

Jason

Old 12-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Tobias Powalowski

On Thursday 13 December 2007 06:22:01 Jason Chu wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 10:33:56PM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > On Dec 12, 2007 10:03 PM, Alexander Baldeck <kth5@archlinuxppc.org> wrote:
> > > Just reuploaded shadow 4.0.18.2-2 as it didn't exist as a file for
> > > x86_64 and ran /arch/db-core64. See for youself:
> >
> > Interesting. The db file seems fine (if you didn't know - vim can open
> > tarballs and give you a dir list - quick way to check and scan some
> > entries) at a casual glance.
> >
> > Perhaps the DB file was corrupted BEFORE you ran this, and your run
> > corrected it?
>
> Are you sure it's the db file? I would have pointed at the thing that
> tells updatesync-many that packages are ready to be updated: cvs and tags.
>
> Jason
Hi
i did run it yesterday:
didn't see a problem while generating the db file.

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 12-13-2007, 06:51 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Dec 12, 2007 11:22 PM, Jason Chu <jason@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Are you sure it's the db file? I would have pointed at the thing that
> tells updatesync-many that packages are ready to be updated: cvs and tags.

You think someone may have accidentally untagged all of core? I'm not
sure what you're trying to say here.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Alexander Baldeck

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2007 11:22 PM, Jason Chu <jason@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Are you sure it's the db file? I would have pointed at the thing that
>> tells updatesync-many that packages are ready to be updated: cvs and tags.
>
> You think someone may have accidentally untagged all of core? I'm not
> sure what you're trying to say here.

I reconstructed the commands I ran for uploading the package. It turns
out I accidentally uploaded the package to
~/staging/core64/add/add/*.pkg.tar.gz. This was probably the cause,
sorry for only reporting this now.

Cheers,

-G

Old 12-13-2007, 03:50 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Dec 13, 2007 7:30 AM, Alexander Baldeck <kth5@archlinuxppc.org> wrote:

> Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > On Dec 12, 2007 11:22 PM, Jason Chu <jason@archlinux.org> wrote:
> >> Are you sure it's the db file? I would have pointed at the thing that
> >> tells updatesync-many that packages are ready to be updated: cvs and tags.
> >
> > You think someone may have accidentally untagged all of core? I'm not
> > sure what you're trying to say here.
>
> I reconstructed the commands I ran for uploading the package. It turns
> out I accidentally uploaded the package to
> ~/staging/core64/add/add/*.pkg.tar.gz. This was probably the cause,
> sorry for only reporting this now.

Weird. I had a similar issue one time where the dir didn't exist
(/add) so when I uploaded it, it was uploaded as a _file_ named 'add'.

This is yet-another-craptastic-reason-we-need-new-db-scripts, eh?