-   -   Absence - still - as well as lack of a fast Internet connection (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/17879-absence-still-well-lack-fast-internet-connection.html)

"Roman Kyrylych" 12-12-2007 09:07 AM

2007/12/12, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>:
> Just a status message from me:
>
> I moved over 6 weeks ago and am settling in fine, but my boss is keeping
> me very busy, I've been working with a professor from Dubna/Russia for
> several weeks now, and will be doing so until Christmas. This
> effectively prevents me from doing any Arch work during the day.

Ahh, nuclear physics? ;-)

> I don't have my own broadband connection at home yet, so working in the
> evenings is virtually impossible, as the wireless connections I have
> access to give me very bad speed, high latency and are unstable.
>
> Aaron requested me to orphan filesystems and initscripts. I don't feel
> that orphaning them is necessary (I will do that if you insist),
> however, Roman assigned a couple of bugs to me which I cannot take care
> of. Roman, if you find new bugs for any of my stuff, could you please
> assign them to someone else as well (for example Aaron for initscripts).

Sure, will do. Already resent one patch to Aaron and pointed to
another one in another thread.

> I hope to find some time for arch again after Christmas, but cannot
> guarantee anything now. I will keep you informed.
>
> Have a nice December
> Thomas

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and wish you get fast internet after
holidays. ;-)
Have a nice holidays!

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Pierre Schmitz 12-12-2007 10:31 AM

Am Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2007 10:19:38 schrieb Thomas Bchler:
> I feel very strong about lvm2, ntfs-3g and wpa_supplicant. Also, I built
> my own local version of wpa_supplicant_gui with the qt4 version in the
> source tarball. As we use qt4 now, we might as well use that version in
> the future.

I have built updated version of both packages and put them into [testing].
Remember: Don't move this into core/extra until qt-4 is moving there. (which
somewhat depends on the release of pacman3.1 ;-))

--
archlinux.de

"Aaron Griffin" 12-12-2007 03:19 PM

On Dec 12, 2007 3:19 AM, Thomas Bchler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Aaron requested me to orphan filesystems and initscripts. I don't feel
> that orphaning them is necessary (I will do that if you insist),
> however, Roman assigned a couple of bugs to me which I cannot take care
> of. Roman, if you find new bugs for any of my stuff, could you please
> assign them to someone else as well (for example Aaron for initscripts).

Yeah. I really just wanted to make that easier - Roman, for the time
being can you assign Thomas' bugs to me (or someone else if more
relevant).

These packages aren't exactly "marked out of date" normally, so we'll be fine.

Thomas, just so you know I plan to:
* Make /etc/profile bourne/posix compliant and move it to filesystem
* Have /etc/profile source /etc/profile.$SHELL
* Change /proc permissions to 555
* Apply a large swath of these initscripts patches, and release a new version

Let me know if you have any issues with this. You can check my
initscripts changes here:
http://code.phraktured.net/?p=initscripts.git;a=summary

Merging the splash and working branches isn't clean so I want to do
that tonight, while applying Roman's patch