-   -   Mailto on Mail Archive - problem? (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/167163-mailto-mail-archive-problem.html)

Jud 09-27-2008 07:48 AM

Mailto on Mail Archive - problem?

Sorry to bother everyone with this but has anyone had trouble with the
mailto: link at the top of the Arch Mail Archive's messages?
My Firefox/Claws-Mail setup works fine for everything else.

Example Page:
http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-September/008314.html

Reference Link:
http://www.ianr.unl.edu/internet/mailto.html

"Aaron Griffin" 09-27-2008 11:06 PM

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 2:48 AM, Jud <jud@judfilm.net> wrote:
> Sorry to bother everyone with this but has anyone had trouble with the
> mailto: link at the top of the Arch Mail Archive's messages?
> My Firefox/Claws-Mail setup works fine for everything else.
>
> Example Page:
> http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-September/008314.html
>
> Reference Link:
> http://www.ianr.unl.edu/internet/mailto.html

Maybe it's the spaces? Perhaps you should report this to the mailman developers?

Jud 09-28-2008 01:22 AM

Mailto on Mail Archive - problem?

> On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 2:48 AM, Jud <jud at judfilm.net> wrote:
> > Sorry to bother everyone with this but has anyone had trouble with
> > the mailto: link at the top of the Arch Mail Archive's messages?
> > My Firefox/Claws-Mail setup works fine for everything else.
> >
> > Example Page:
> > http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-September/008314.html
> >
> > Reference Link:
> > http://www.ianr.unl.edu/internet/mailto.html
>
> Maybe it's the spaces? Perhaps you should report this to the mailman
> developers?

Must be some obscure bug. It seems to only effect mailman lists on
this one machine, all other mailto links are fine. Very strange indeed.
Anyways this machine is due for a major overhaul, so again, sorry to
bother everyone about this.