Old 09-25-2008, 10:31 PM
"Ronald van Haren"

Default dhcpcd 4.0.1-5

please signoff for both archs

Ronald

Old 09-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Eduardo Romero

Ronald van Haren wrote:

please signoff for both archs

Ronald

Yeah, everything is working fine, I can surf the Internet, yay!!!, so
signoff i686.

Please don't go taking advices from Allan, that is what happens, you
have to rebuild your package a lot, you know, Allan breaks everything. :P

Old 10-04-2008, 02:16 PM
"James Rayner"

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Eduardo Romero <k3nsai@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ronald van Haren wrote:
>>
>> please signoff for both archs
>>
>> Ronald
>>

> Yeah, everything is working fine, I can surf the Internet, yay!!!, so
> signoff i686.
>
> Please don't go taking advices from Allan, that is what happens, you have to
> rebuild your package a lot, you know, Allan breaks everything. :P

Signoff x86_64 and i686

.... although....

It'd be worth adding -q and -L to the default conf.d/dhcpcd settings.

-q keeps dhcpcd quiet (3.0 level of verbosity)
-L stops dhcpcd giving itself a stupid zeroconf/bonjour IP (169.x.x.x)
address when regular methods fail. Not only is the zeroconf IP useless
(I don't know anyone who uses it...) it also means that dhcpcd returns
successful when in fact it has failed.

When you move it in, netcfg v2.1.2 needs to be moved as well, as it
depends on dhcpcd 4.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:57 PM
"Eduardo Romero"

+1 for keeping it quiet, it yells too much.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:54 PM
"Ronald van Haren"

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Eduardo Romero <k3nsai@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 for keeping it quiet, it yells too much.
>
> On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 10:16 AM, James Rayner <iphitus@iphitus.org> wrote:

>> > Yeah, everything is working fine, I can surf the Internet, yay!!!, so
>> > signoff i686.
>> >
>> > Please don't go taking advices from Allan, that is what happens, you
>> > have to
>> > rebuild your package a lot, you know, Allan breaks everything. :P
>>
>> Signoff x86_64 and i686
>>
>> .... although....
>>
>> It'd be worth adding -q and -L to the default conf.d/dhcpcd settings.
>>
>> -q keeps dhcpcd quiet (3.0 level of verbosity)
>> -L stops dhcpcd giving itself a stupid zeroconf/bonjour IP (169.x.x.x)
>> address when regular methods fail. Not only is the zeroconf IP useless
>> (I don't know anyone who uses it...) it also means that dhcpcd returns
>> successful when in fact it has failed.
>>
>> When you move it in, netcfg v2.1.2 needs to be moved as well, as it
>> depends on dhcpcd 4.

I'll upgrade it tomorrow and make it quiet, there is a new version out anyways.

Ronald