FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-25-2008, 10:37 AM
"Ronald van Haren"
 
Default dhcpcd 4.0.1-2

please signoff for both architectures.

# changes wrt to dhcpcd3 series:
August 2008 sees the first release of dhcpcd-4. The new version moves
all configuration to /libexec/dhcpcd-run-hooks, apart from interface
address and routing. We also use the same variables as dhclient which
means existing custom scripts for dhclient can readily work with
dhcpcd with minimal tweaking. Also, the dhcpcd internals have been
re-worked around a table setup to extract options directly from the
DHCP message instead of populating a custom object and dealing with
that. Finally, NetworkManager-0.7.0 works with dhcpcd-4 when built
with --with-dhcp-client=dhcpcd. NetBSD -current (4.99.72) imports
dhcpcd-4.0.0-rc4 into their base system Smiling

the hooks file location are changed to /usr/libexec in the package.

Ronald
 
Old 09-25-2008, 12:14 PM
"Dan McGee"
 
Default dhcpcd 4.0.1-2

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 5:37 AM, Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com> wrote:
> please signoff for both architectures.
>
> # changes wrt to dhcpcd3 series:
> August 2008 sees the first release of dhcpcd-4. The new version moves
> all configuration to /libexec/dhcpcd-run-hooks,

Is this the case in our package? We never use libexec in Arch, so I
think we need to do something here.

> apart from interface
> address and routing. We also use the same variables as dhclient which
> means existing custom scripts for dhclient can readily work with
> dhcpcd with minimal tweaking. Also, the dhcpcd internals have been
> re-worked around a table setup to extract options directly from the
> DHCP message instead of populating a custom object and dealing with
> that. Finally, NetworkManager-0.7.0 works with dhcpcd-4 when built
> with --with-dhcp-client=dhcpcd. NetBSD -current (4.99.72) imports
> dhcpcd-4.0.0-rc4 into their base system Smiling
>
> the hooks file location are changed to /usr/libexec in the package.
>
> Ronald
>
 
Old 09-25-2008, 12:32 PM
"Ronald van Haren"
 
Default dhcpcd 4.0.1-2

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 5:37 AM, Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com> wrote:
>> please signoff for both architectures.
>>
>> # changes wrt to dhcpcd3 series:
>> August 2008 sees the first release of dhcpcd-4. The new version moves
>> all configuration to /libexec/dhcpcd-run-hooks,
>
> Is this the case in our package? We never use libexec in Arch, so I
> think we need to do something here.
>
>> apart from interface
>> address and routing. We also use the same variables as dhclient which
>> means existing custom scripts for dhclient can readily work with
>> dhcpcd with minimal tweaking. Also, the dhcpcd internals have been
>> re-worked around a table setup to extract options directly from the
>> DHCP message instead of populating a custom object and dealing with
>> that. Finally, NetworkManager-0.7.0 works with dhcpcd-4 when built
>> with --with-dhcp-client=dhcpcd. NetBSD -current (4.99.72) imports
>> dhcpcd-4.0.0-rc4 into their base system Smiling
>>
>> the hooks file location are changed to /usr/libexec in the package.
>>
>> Ronald
>>
>

As I said I moved the location to /usr/libexec, so the scheme is like this:

dhcpcd /usr/libexec/
dhcpcd /usr/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/
dhcpcd /usr/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/01-test
dhcpcd /usr/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/10-mtu
dhcpcd /usr/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/20-resolv.conf
dhcpcd /usr/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/30-hostname
dhcpcd /usr/libexec/dhcpcd-run-hooks

On my system there is already a kde and maxima directory in
/usr/libexec so it seemed a correct location to me.

If you think the files should be in another location, let me know and
I can get it there. It is an easy fix as I already patched it to go to
/usr/libexec instead of /libexec.

Ronald
 
Old 09-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Pierre Schmitz
 
Default dhcpcd 4.0.1-2

Am Donnerstag 25 September 2008 14:32:58 schrieb Ronald van Haren:
> On my system there is already a kde [..] directory in
> /usr/libexec

This should not be. Could you check if those files belong to any package?

--

Pierre Schmitz


Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de
 
Old 09-25-2008, 01:58 PM
"Ronald van Haren"
 
Default dhcpcd 4.0.1-2

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 25 September 2008 14:32:58 schrieb Ronald van Haren:
>> On my system there is already a kde [..] directory in
>> /usr/libexec
>
> This should not be. Could you check if those files belong to any package?
>

mmm no they seem not to belong to anything. Maybe a leftover from kde
4.0 alpha packages I once had installed -->> removed them.
I see the libexec files for kde4 now live in /usr/lib/kde4/libexec.

Maybe I should use this same scheme for dhcpcd, so they go into
/usr/lib/dhcpcd/libexec. If nobody objects to that I will do a -3
version in a couple of hours.

Ronald
 
Old 09-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Allan McRae
 
Default dhcpcd 4.0.1-2

Ronald van Haren wrote:

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:


Am Donnerstag 25 September 2008 14:32:58 schrieb Ronald van Haren:


On my system there is already a kde [..] directory in
/usr/libexec


This should not be. Could you check if those files belong to any package?




mmm no they seem not to belong to anything. Maybe a leftover from kde
4.0 alpha packages I once had installed -->> removed them.
I see the libexec files for kde4 now live in /usr/lib/kde4/libexec.

Maybe I should use this same scheme for dhcpcd, so they go into
/usr/lib/dhcpcd/libexec. If nobody objects to that I will do a -3
version in a couple of hours.



Given there will be nothing else in that directory, /usr/lib/dhcpcd/
will be fine.


Allan
 
Old 09-29-2008, 03:31 AM
"Jason Chu"
 
Default dhcpcd 4.0.1-2

Some packages do create files in {/usr,}/libexec.

My problem with storing them anywhere under /usr is that you might be
mounting /usr and need network before that.

On 9/25/08, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 5:37 AM, Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com> wrote:
>> please signoff for both architectures.
>>
>> # changes wrt to dhcpcd3 series:
>> August 2008 sees the first release of dhcpcd-4. The new version moves
>> all configuration to /libexec/dhcpcd-run-hooks,
>
> Is this the case in our package? We never use libexec in Arch, so I
> think we need to do something here.
>
>> apart from interface
>> address and routing. We also use the same variables as dhclient which
>> means existing custom scripts for dhclient can readily work with
>> dhcpcd with minimal tweaking. Also, the dhcpcd internals have been
>> re-worked around a table setup to extract options directly from the
>> DHCP message instead of populating a custom object and dealing with
>> that. Finally, NetworkManager-0.7.0 works with dhcpcd-4 when built
>> with --with-dhcp-client=dhcpcd. NetBSD -current (4.99.72) imports
>> dhcpcd-4.0.0-rc4 into their base system Smiling
>>
>> the hooks file location are changed to /usr/libexec in the package.
>>
>> Ronald
>>
>

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com
 
Old 09-29-2008, 04:18 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default dhcpcd 4.0.1-2

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Given there will be nothing else in that directory, /usr/lib/dhcpcd/ will be
> fine.

Agreed. We should use /usr/lib for this stuff. I, for one, would be
fine with just using /usr/lib/ as the prefix. Allan's proposal would
make the path:
/usr/lib/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-hooks/, but it's your decision. Eeek, just
noticed that dhcpcd-run-hooks is a binary, so Allan's proposal is
actually probably the best for this. I would assume there is a
--libexec-dir param for this?
 
Old 09-29-2008, 10:56 PM
"Ronald van Haren"
 
Default dhcpcd 4.0.1-2

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Given there will be nothing else in that directory, /usr/lib/dhcpcd/ will be
>> fine.
>
> Agreed. We should use /usr/lib for this stuff. I, for one, would be
> fine with just using /usr/lib/ as the prefix. Allan's proposal would
> make the path:
> /usr/lib/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-hooks/, but it's your decision. Eeek, just
> noticed that dhcpcd-run-hooks is a binary, so Allan's proposal is
> actually probably the best for this. I would assume there is a
> --libexec-dir param for this?
>

no there isn't a --libexec-dir param for it. The only way to get it
install in different location is patching the makefile, which they
even promote (hey, don't ask me )

for the current build in testing the location as allan suggested is
used for the files.

Ronald
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:39 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org