-   -   may break ABI (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/163565-may-break-abi.html)

Eric Belanger 09-21-2008 05:58 AM

may break ABI

Hi,

I've just put curl 7.19.0-1 in [testing]. The upstream curl devs made a
few changes that might break ABI but chose not to do a soname bump. More
details: http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/lib/README.curl_off_t

They made effort to make this transparent and I would say that they made a
good job. I've been using curl 7.19.0-1 for a week now and have tested
several packages using curl without seing any message on the terminal or
noticeable problems.

Please test and report any necessary rebuilds.

Thanks
Eric

believed to be clean.

Eric Belanger 09-29-2008 02:08 AM

may break ABI

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Eric Belanger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just put curl 7.19.0-1 in [testing]. The upstream curl devs made a
> few changes that might break ABI but chose not to do a soname bump. More
> details: http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/lib/README.curl_off_t
>
> They made effort to make this transparent and I would say that they made a
> good job. I've been using curl 7.19.0-1 for a week now and have tested
> several packages using curl without seing any message on the terminal or
> noticeable problems.
>
> Please test and report any necessary rebuilds.
>
> Thanks
> Eric

Did anyone test? Can this be moved to extra?

believed to be clean.

"Dan McGee" 09-29-2008 02:43 AM

may break ABI

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Eric Belanger
<belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Eric Belanger wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just put curl 7.19.0-1 in [testing]. The upstream curl devs made a
>> few changes that might break ABI but chose not to do a soname bump. More
>> details: http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/lib/README.curl_off_t
>>
>> They made effort to make this transparent and I would say that they made a
>> good job. I've been using curl 7.19.0-1 for a week now and have tested
>> several packages using curl without seing any message on the terminal or
>> noticeable problems.
>>
>> Please test and report any necessary rebuilds.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Eric
>>

> Did anyone test? Can this be moved to extra?

git on i686 is still working fine with HTTP fetches.

-Dan

Tobias Kieslich 09-29-2008 03:44 AM

may break ABI

HI,

php has a fairly extensive curl library that can talk http on all
kind of levels. That would be a good testing ground. That being said ...
/me doesn't use php anymore ... so I can't do it here atm.

-Tobias

Eric Belanger 10-04-2008 06:12 PM

may break ABI

php has a fairly extensive curl library that can talk http on all
kind of levels. That would be a good testing ground. That being said ...
/me doesn't use php anymore ... so I can't do it here atm.

-Tobias

I don't use php. Can someone who use php test if it's still working? Or
can I just go ahead and move it to extra and hope it won't break anything?

Eric

believed to be clean.

"Aaron Griffin" 10-05-2008 08:57 PM

may break ABI

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Eric Belanger
<belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2008, Tobias Kieslich wrote:
>
>> HI,
>>
>> php has a fairly extensive curl library that can talk http on all
>> kind of levels. That would be a good testing ground. That being said ...
>> /me doesn't use php anymore ... so I can't do it here atm.
>>
>> -Tobias
>>

> I don't use php. Can someone who use php test if it's still working? Or can
> I just go ahead and move it to extra and hope it won't break anything?

Haven't seen any complaints just yet - I'd say move it to extra so we
can get things moving along