Old 09-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Tobias Kieslich

Default Let's use the Maintainer tag

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Pierre Schmitz wrote:

> Am Montag 22 September 2008 17:12:08 schrieb Phil Dillon-Thiselton:
> > I think a new metainfo is a nice idea but it'd be cool if the devs
> > could additionally be allocated a unique ID that can be cross-reffed
> > to a dbase to avoid having to update the email manually/avoid having
> > an out of date email in an old file.
>
> We all have an adress like <username>@archlinux.org. So I would prefere this
> solution. That would also be consistent to the packager data.
I eg. obfuscate this one because /me hates spam. It's so easily
accessable for email harvester.

my 2c. I do like the idea in genral though, to have amaintainer tag.
With a growing number of developers and probably packages we might end
up having architecture bound maintainers and this must be reflected in
the maintainer tag. All my 64bit packages are build by Andy and Eric,
because I dun have a 64bit machine. I'm still officailly the maintainer
but for blender it's mainly Andy wrestling with it.

-Tobias