Old 09-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Firmicus

Default pkgs with tetex dependency

Here are packages in extra that depend on tetex (which has now been
replaced by texlive-core):

makedepends:
evince
yodl
depends:
kile
lyx
latex2html
texmacs

I found those using
find /var/abs -name PKGBUILD -exec grep -H tetex '{}' ;
so I should not have missed any.

There is no hurry since texlive-core provides tetex anyway.

Regards, F

Old 09-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Firmicus

Hello all,

As you may have noticed, my texlive-* pkgs have disappeared from
community and brand new ones have replaced tetex in extra.

Here are community packages that depend on tetex:

gri
prosper
lilypond
texvc
auctex
python-pyx
yfklog

Thanks for eventually fixing these!

Also, I just added tetex to unsupported, and the web interface tells me
that tetex is a dependency of the following pkgs (excluding the above):

advi
algorithmicx *
arabtex *
cjk-gbkfonts
csindex
dblatex
eqe
fig2ps
foiltex
fuzz
gastex *
hlatex
klatexformula
kletterwizard
latex-beamer *
latex-fitch
lgrind
athtex
pdfjam
pdfselect
pidgin-latex
svninfo *
tex-cases *
texlipse
tex-unicode *
vlna *
wyneken
xindy *

NB: those with a star * are already provided by one of the texlive-*
pkgs in extra, and IMO should be deleted.

Question: should I move tetex to community? I would prefer not, since it
is REALLY outdated, but some users may prefer using it rather than the
bleeding-edge but quite larger combination texlive-core + texlive-bin.

Best,

Old 09-17-2008, 02:27 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 7:45 AM, Firmicus <Firmicus@gmx.net> wrote:
> Here are packages in extra that depend on tetex (which has now been replaced
> by texlive-core):
>
> makedepends:
> evince
> yodl
> depends:
> kile
> lyx
> latex2html
> texmacs
>
> I found those using
> find /var/abs -name PKGBUILD -exec grep -H tetex '{}' ;
> so I should not have missed any.
>
> There is no hurry since texlive-core provides tetex anyway.

I would imagine no one would mind if you rebuilt some of these if you
had the time, especially those closely related such as lyx,
latex2html.

latex2html looks old as heck, their site is kind of funny, especially
the logo: http://saftsack.fs.uni-bayreuth.de/~latex2ht/

-Dan

Old 09-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Firmicus

Dan McGee a écrit :

Here are packages in extra that depend on tetex (which has now been replaced
by texlive-core):

makedepends:
evince
yodl
depends:
kile
lyx
latex2html
texmacs

I found those using
find /var/abs -name PKGBUILD -exec grep -H tetex '{}' ;
so I should not have missed any.

There is no hurry since texlive-core provides tetex anyway.

I would imagine no one would mind if you rebuilt some of these if you
had the time, especially those closely related such as lyx,
latex2html.

Well, I don't think those need to be rebuilt (I can just modify the
PKGBUILD in svn pending the next update), but it could not hurt to do so
for evince (which I use daily) and yodl (which I had never heard of
before). If no one opposes I will put this on my TODO list.

latex2html looks old as heck, their site is kind of funny, especially
the logo: http://saftsack.fs.uni-bayreuth.de/~latex2ht/

:-) But was that the standard for high-quality back in 2001?
In any case since it looks as though latex2html is no longer maintained,
I would favour moving it to community. texlive-htmlxml includes latest
tex4ht which is far superior.