Old 09-17-2008, 03:33 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

Default Adding 3 new (and tiny) dockapp packages to extra

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Thayer Williams <thayer@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Unless anyone has objections, I would like to add the following
> packages to extra soon:
>
> * bbpager -- currently in AUR
> * bbdock -- currently in AUR
> * lal -- a small dockable clock currently unavailable in any repo
>
> All together these equal about 128KB.

I think we moved these out due to the fact that no one was maintaining
them. If you're willing to maintain them, I don't have a problem with
that - but, the real question is - should they be maintained in
[community] or [extra] ?

Old 09-17-2008, 04:02 AM
"Thayer Williams"

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Thayer Williams <thayer@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Unless anyone has objections, I would like to add the following
>> packages to extra soon:
>>
>> * bbpager -- currently in AUR
>> * bbdock -- currently in AUR
>> * lal -- a small dockable clock currently unavailable in any repo
>>
>> All together these equal about 128KB.
>>

> I think we moved these out due to the fact that no one was maintaining
> them. If you're willing to maintain them, I don't have a problem with
> that - but, the real question is - should they be maintained in
> [community] or [extra] ?

I'm 100% OK with these going into community instead--I'm just not
familiar with how community packages are handled/uploaded, etc. and I
didn't see any info on the wiki after a cursory glance.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:18 AM
"Thayer Williams"

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:02 PM, Thayer Williams <thayer@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Thayer Williams <thayer@archlinux.org> wrote:
>>> Unless anyone has objections, I would like to add the following
>>> packages to extra soon:
>>>
>>> * bbpager -- currently in AUR
>>> * bbdock -- currently in AUR
>>> * lal -- a small dockable clock currently unavailable in any repo
>>>
>>> All together these equal about 128KB.
>>>

>> I think we moved these out due to the fact that no one was maintaining
>> them. If you're willing to maintain them, I don't have a problem with
>> that - but, the real question is - should they be maintained in
>> [community] or [extra] ?
>>

> I'm 100% OK with these going into community instead--I'm just not
> familiar with how community packages are handled/uploaded, etc. and I
> didn't see any info on the wiki after a cursory glance.

Nevermind, I found the documentation...appropriately enough at the AUR
website (duh!). I'll have a looksee through this in the morning and
see what's involved. On one hand it seems like less work (for me) to
include these in extra, but on the other hand I guess I should learn a
bit more about the AUR anyway.