Old 09-17-2008, 03:32 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

Default Demise of the dev wiki

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Dusty Phillips <buchuki@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> My understanding is that you wanted to move the Dev Wiki pages to the
> main wiki and scrap the dev wiki at some point. I would like that
> point to be nowish. Why? So I don't have to port it to django 1.0 and
> don't have to continue maintaining it. I want to Simplify this webapp
> (caps intentional).
>
> First, I need confirmation that this is what is supposed to happen. Aaron?

Yup, 'tis.

> Second, I need people to move pages they don't want to disappear to
> the mediawiki, whether for archival or for future reference purposes.
> If you don't have time for this, at least mention any pages that need
> saving and hopefully somebody with some free time will step up to move
> them. It would also be nice if somebody could go through and delete
> any pages that have already been moved/cloned to help alleviate
> confusion.

Current dev wiki: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki

Not everyone may have access - just ping me with your wiki username if
you need access. If anyone wants to run with this, go ahead.
Otherwise, I may get to this tomorrow or Thursday.

Cheers,
Aaron

Old 09-17-2008, 04:04 AM
"Thayer Williams"

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Dusty Phillips <buchuki@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> My understanding is that you wanted to move the Dev Wiki pages to the
>> main wiki and scrap the dev wiki at some point. I would like that
>> point to be nowish. Why? So I don't have to port it to django 1.0 and
>> don't have to continue maintaining it. I want to Simplify this webapp
>> (caps intentional).
>
> Current dev wiki: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki
>
> Not everyone may have access - just ping me with your wiki username if
> you need access. If anyone wants to run with this, go ahead.
> Otherwise, I may get to this tomorrow or Thursday.

I'll wrap this up tomorrow morning--though I might ping a couple of
you old timers if I'm not sure about specific material going public.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:27 PM
"Thayer Williams"

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Dusty Phillips <buchuki@gmail.com> wrote:

> Second, I need people to move pages they don't want to disappear to
> the mediawiki, whether for archival or for future reference purposes.
> If you don't have time for this, at least mention any pages that need
> saving and hopefully somebody with some free time will step up to move
> them. It would also be nice if somebody could go through and delete
> any pages that have already been moved/cloned to help alleviate
> confusion.

Go ahead and nuke it, Dusty it's all taken care of.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:11 AM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2008/9/18 Thayer Williams <thayer@archlinux.org>:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Dusty Phillips <buchuki@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Second, I need people to move pages they don't want to disappear to
>> the mediawiki, whether for archival or for future reference purposes.
>> If you don't have time for this, at least mention any pages that need
>> saving and hopefully somebody with some free time will step up to move
>> them. It would also be nice if somebody could go through and delete
>> any pages that have already been moved/cloned to help alleviate
>> confusion.
>
> Go ahead and nuke it, Dusty it's all taken care of.

Is it ok to remove DeveloperWiki:GNOME Guidelines
in favour of public-writeable
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gnome_package_guidelines
?

--