-   -   cryptsetup 1.0.6-2 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/158806-cryptsetup-1-0-6-2-a.html)

Thomas Bchler 09-12-2008 04:39 PM

cryptsetup 1.0.6-2

This changes the "udevsettle" command in cryptsetup to "udevadm settle"
to work with udev from testing. This still breaks in klibc, but the
udevsettle call is not that important there as it causes problems only
when too many devices are being opened/closed.

The udevsettle call will be gone from the next cryptsetup version, so I
hope this fix is temporary.

Tested here on x86_64, please sign off.

"Aaron Griffin" 09-13-2008 11:44 PM

cryptsetup 1.0.6-2

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Thomas Bchler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> This changes the "udevsettle" command in cryptsetup to "udevadm settle" to
> work with udev from testing. This still breaks in klibc, but the udevsettle
> call is not that important there as it causes problems only when too many
> devices are being opened/closed.
>
> The udevsettle call will be gone from the next cryptsetup version, so I hope
> this fix is temporary.
>
> Tested here on x86_64, please sign off.

Ping. Anyone use cryptsetup?

"Roman Kyrylych" 09-15-2008 07:00 PM

cryptsetup 1.0.6-2

2008/9/14 Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> This changes the "udevsettle" command in cryptsetup to "udevadm settle" to
>> work with udev from testing. This still breaks in klibc, but the udevsettle
>> call is not that important there as it causes problems only when too many
>> devices are being opened/closed.
>>
>> The udevsettle call will be gone from the next cryptsetup version, so I hope
>> this fix is temporary.
>>
>> Tested here on x86_64, please sign off.
>
> Ping. Anyone use cryptsetup?

Me, me!
All HDD except /boot partition is encyphered.
Nothing got broken, so here's my signoff (x86_64).

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

"K. Piche" 09-20-2008 03:56 AM

cryptsetup 1.0.6-2

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 22:00 +0300, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> 2008/9/14 Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com>:
> > On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Thomas Bchler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> >> This changes the "udevsettle" command in cryptsetup to "udevadm settle" to
> >> work with udev from testing. This still breaks in klibc, but the udevsettle
> >> call is not that important there as it causes problems only when too many
> >> devices are being opened/closed.
> >>
> >> The udevsettle call will be gone from the next cryptsetup version, so I hope
> >> this fix is temporary.
> >>
> >> Tested here on x86_64, please sign off.
> >
> > Ping. Anyone use cryptsetup?
> >

> Me, me!
> All HDD except /boot partition is encyphered.
> Nothing got broken, so here's my signoff (x86_64).

Was able to create and use an encrypted ext2 filesystem in a container
file. Signoff for i686.

--
K. Piche <kpiche@rogers.com>

"Roman Kyrylych" 09-28-2008 11:33 AM

cryptsetup 1.0.6-2

2008/9/20 K. Piche <kpiche@rogers.com>:
> On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 22:00 +0300, Roman Kyrylych wrote:

>> > Ping. Anyone use cryptsetup?
>> >

>> Me, me!
>> All HDD except /boot partition is encyphered.
>> Nothing got broken, so here's my signoff (x86_64).
>
> Was able to create and use an encrypted ext2 filesystem in a container
> file. Signoff for i686.

Still in Testing! ;-)

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)