-   -   disowning xcdroast (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/15814-disowning-xcdroast.html)

"Varun Acharya" 12-09-2007 05:22 PM

disowning xcdroast

Hi,

I've disowned xcdroast, so if anyone is interested, its up for grabs. IMHO, we should move this to community though, simply cause,

->It needs quite a few patches to run with current cdrkit/growisofs/mkisofs/whatever

->It hasn't been updated in a year.
->I'm not sure anyone uses this anymore with nautilus/brasero/k3b and the others around.

Varun

P.S - Roman, I've de-assigned the bug in flyspray
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8844, and its currently not assigned to anyone.

"Roman Kyrylych" 12-10-2007 07:56 AM

disowning xcdroast

2007/12/9, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com>:
> I've disowned xcdroast, so if anyone is interested, its up for grabs. IMHO,
> we should move this to community though, simply cause,
>
> ->It needs quite a few patches to run with current
> cdrkit/growisofs/mkisofs/whatever
> ->It hasn't been updated in a year.
> ->I'm not sure anyone uses this anymore with nautilus/brasero/k3b and the
> others around.

+1 for moving it out of Extra (maybe even to AUR if no TU wants to adopt it).
It also misses .desktop file.

> P.S - Roman, I've de-assigned the bug in flyspray
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8844, and its currently not
> assigned to anyone.

OK, I'll keep my eye on it. Anyway I am prepared to do a big cleanup
by the end of this week. >500 open bugs... this is getting out of
control and at least 100 need to be squashed. :-P

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

"Varun Acharya" 12-10-2007 03:38 PM

disowning xcdroast

On Dec 10, 2007 2:26 PM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:

2007/12/9, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com>:
> I've disowned xcdroast, so if anyone is interested, its up for grabs. IMHO,
> we should move this to community though, simply cause,

> ->It needs quite a few patches to run with current
> cdrkit/growisofs/mkisofs/whatever
> ->It hasn't been updated in a year.
> ->I'm not sure anyone uses this anymore with nautilus/brasero/k3b and the

> others around.

+1 for moving it out of Extra (maybe even to AUR if no TU wants to adopt it).
It also misses .desktop file.

If none of the other devs want to adopt this, then I'll move it to community at the end of the week.

Varun

Eric Belanger 12-10-2007 05:05 PM

disowning xcdroast

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Varun Acharya wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2007 2:26 PM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2007/12/9, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com>:
>>> I've disowned xcdroast, so if anyone is interested, its up for grabs.
>> IMHO,
>>> we should move this to community though, simply cause,
>>>
>>> ->It needs quite a few patches to run with current
>>> cdrkit/growisofs/mkisofs/whatever
>>> ->It hasn't been updated in a year.
>>> ->I'm not sure anyone uses this anymore with nautilus/brasero/k3b and
>> the
>>> others around.
>>
>> +1 for moving it out of Extra (maybe even to AUR if no TU wants to adopt
>> it).
>> It also misses .desktop file.
>>

> If none of the other devs want to adopt this, then I'll move it to community
> at the end of the week.
>
> Varun

Don't move it to community unless a TU explicitely told you he was
interested in xcdroast. We don't need more orphaned packages in
community. Move it to unsupported instead.
I intend to do some package cleanup this week. I could add xcdroast to the
list.

Eric

believed to be clean.

"Varun Acharya" 12-11-2007 08:21 AM

disowning xcdroast

Don't move it to community unless a TU explicitely told you he was
interested in xcdroast. *We don't need more orphaned packages in
community. Move it to unsupported instead.
I intend to do some package cleanup this week. I could add xcdroast to the

list.

Eric

I'll ask the TU's in the AUR-general list.
*
Varun
*

"Varun Acharya" 12-14-2007 02:18 AM