-   -   Repository Maintenance 10-09-2008 06:00 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/157154-repository-maintenance-10-09-2008-06-00-a.html)

09-10-2008 10:01 AM

Repository Maintenance 10-09-2008 06:00

Scan complete for extra (x86_64) at /home/ftp/extra/os/x86_64/
The following files are missing in the repo
monotone-0.41-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
wireshark-1.0.3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz

Eric Belanger 09-10-2008 03:00 PM

Repository Maintenance 10-09-2008 06:00

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008, repomaint@archlinux.org wrote:

Scan complete for extra (x86_64) at /home/ftp/extra/os/x86_64/
The following files are missing in the repo
monotone-0.41-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
wireshark-1.0.3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz

The cleanup script has removed the new packages instead of the old ones. I
don't know why it would happen. I'm using the subversion in testing,
BTW. I've reuploaded the packages in case something went wrong:

$ /arch/db-extra64
Updating DB for extra x86_64
==> Processing new/updated packages for repository 'extra'...
Checked out revision 12113.
Checking SVN for monotone
Checking SVN for wireshark
==> Extracting database to a temporary location...
==> Adding package 'monotone-0.41-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz'
-> Removing existing package 'monotone-0.41-2'...
-> Creating 'desc' db entry...
-> Computing md5 checksums...
-> Creating 'depends' db entry...
==> Adding package 'wireshark-1.0.3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz'
-> Removing existing package 'wireshark-1.0.3-1'...
-> Creating 'desc' db entry...
-> Computing md5 checksums...
-> Creating 'depends' db entry...
==> Creating updated database file
/tmp/db-update.extra-x86_64.1030/build/extra.db.tar.gz

No packages to delete
Copying new files to '/home/ftp/extra/os/x86_64/'
Cleaning staging dir

The '-> Removing existing package' lines are strange because it mentions
the new package. If it happens again, we might want to turn off the old
package cleanup script until we figure out what going on.

believed to be clean.

"Aaron Griffin" 09-10-2008 03:56 PM

Repository Maintenance 10-09-2008 06:00

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Eric Belanger
<belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Sep 2008, repomaint@archlinux.org wrote:
>> The following files are missing in the repo
>
> The cleanup script has removed the new packages instead of the old ones. I
> don't know why it would happen. I'm using the subversion in testing, BTW.
> I've reuploaded the packages in case something went wrong:

Actually, it's a notification that the package files were missing.
Nothing was cleaned up

Thomas Bächler 09-10-2008 04:10 PM

Repository Maintenance 10-09-2008 06:00

Eric Belanger schrieb:

Scan complete for extra (x86_64) at /home/ftp/extra/os/x86_64/
The following files are missing in the repo
monotone-0.41-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
wireshark-1.0.3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz

The cleanup script has removed the new packages instead of the old ones.
I don't know why it would happen. I'm using the subversion in testing,
BTW. I've reuploaded the packages in case something went wrong:

Next time, could you please save the db.tar.gz file before readding a
package? My guess is that the db wasn't updated properly and the cleanup
script behaved correctly.

Eric Belanger 09-10-2008 04:13 PM

Repository Maintenance 10-09-2008 06:00

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Eric Belanger
The following files are missing in the repo

The cleanup script has removed the new packages instead of the old ones. I
don't know why it would happen. I'm using the subversion in testing, BTW.
I've reuploaded the packages in case something went wrong:

Actually, it's a notification that the package files were missing.
Nothing was cleaned up

I was refering to:
http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-September/007937.html

It had removed the new packages:
monotone-0.41-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
wireshark-1.0.3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz

instead of the old ones. The old ones are no longer on ftp so it seems
that it's fixed. We'll need to wait the notification email to be sure.

believed to be clean.

Eric Belanger 09-10-2008 04:26 PM

Repository Maintenance 10-09-2008 06:00

Scan complete for extra (x86_64) at /home/ftp/extra/os/x86_64/
The following files are missing in the repo
monotone-0.41-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
wireshark-1.0.3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz

The cleanup script has removed the new packages instead of the old ones. I
don't know why it would happen. I'm using the subversion in testing, BTW.
I've reuploaded the packages in case something went wrong:

Next time, could you please save the db.tar.gz file before readding a
package? My guess is that the db wasn't updated properly and the cleanup
script behaved correctly.

OK. I didn't thought about doing that. I'll do that if it happen again.
FTR, it's fixed now. The script has removed the old package this time.

believed to be clean.

"Aaron Griffin" 09-10-2008 04:41 PM

Repository Maintenance 10-09-2008 06:00

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Eric Belanger schrieb:
>>
>> On Wed, 10 Sep 2008, repomaint@archlinux.org wrote:
>>
>>> Scan complete for extra (x86_64) at /home/ftp/extra/os/x86_64/
>>> The following files are missing in the repo
>>> monotone-0.41-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
>>> wireshark-1.0.3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
>>>

>> The cleanup script has removed the new packages instead of the old ones. I
>> don't know why it would happen. I'm using the subversion in testing, BTW.
>> I've reuploaded the packages in case something went wrong:
>
> Next time, could you please save the db.tar.gz file before readding a
> package? My guess is that the db wasn't updated properly and the cleanup
> script behaved correctly.

"The following files are MISSING in the repo"

Nothing was cleaned up. It was a report of pkg.tar.gz files not being
there, but the entries were in the DB