Old 12-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Andreas Radke

Default tzdata 2007j-1

updated tzdata pkg is in testing for both archs.

please signoff

-Andy

Old 12-09-2007, 06:43 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Dec 9, 2007 8:29 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> updated tzdata pkg is in testing for both archs.
>
> please signoff
>
> -Andy

No problems here on i686.

-Dan

Old 12-10-2007, 08:00 AM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2007/12/9, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com>:
> On Dec 9, 2007 8:29 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> > updated tzdata pkg is in testing for both archs.
> >
> > please signoff
> >
> > -Andy
>
> No problems here on i686.

One problem is still left. Please remove depends=('glibc') to avoid
dep cycle glibc->tzdata->glibc.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 12-12-2007, 03:27 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Dec 10, 2007 3:00 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/12/9, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com>:
> > On Dec 9, 2007 8:29 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> > > updated tzdata pkg is in testing for both archs.
> > >
> > > please signoff
> > >
> > > -Andy
> >
> > No problems here on i686.
> >

> One problem is still left. Please remove depends=('glibc') to avoid
> dep cycle glibc->tzdata->glibc.

I don't think that's possible due to 'tzselete', 'zic', and 'zdump'

Opinions?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:07 AM
"Jan de Groot"

What about the fact that every system has glibc, and that nobody chooses to
install tzdata, but gets it installed because glibc wants it?
The only issue I can think of here is that you need glibc to build tzdata,
but hey, doesn't glibc itself need a host to be built on also?

Old 12-12-2007, 08:58 AM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2007/12/12, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net>:
> [...]

I have nothing to add to Jan's words. :-)
I'm sure noone ever will try to install tzdata without glibc (if he
wil - heh, that's not a good idea anyway :P).

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)